She has always danced to music in the car moving her arms around and bopping her head. While at home, I would often find her bouncing up and down to Dora's theme song, but it was when she started running closer to the TV playing music so she could bust a move that I knew I had a dancer on my hands.
As soon as I found out #5 was a boy, I immediately enrolled Rylee in dance figuring she is my one and only shot at it so I better get started! I bought her a couple of leotards and tutu's that she immediately squealed in delight (to my delight!) when I showed them to her and called them her "pretties." All dressed up and ready to go, she enjoyed looking at herself and spinning around in front of the mirror about as much I did watching her!

We took a "mommy and me" class for a month and then dove right in with a "young 2 year old class" where the kiddos learn the absolute basics to dancing. The class is every week for 30 min and is just right. It is so much fun to watch Rylee dance! She is doing such a great job!
Although she is doing well, she is a little hesitant to let her creative juices flow while surrounded by 4 two year olds she doesn't know,
but at home it is a completely different story.
Nickelodeon or Disney are on about 24/7 in our house and have lots of theme songs and commercials that Rylee loves (among her faves are anything by "Victoria Justice", "Fresh Beat Band" or "Kids Bop" commercials!) When she was littler, she would bounce up and down to the beat and then she started really getting into it with deep lunges and pounding her feet like she was doing hip hop...so cute! Now, she has added spinning, swaying and shoulder bouncing to her moves and will literally drop everything and run into the living room to "dance" when she hears a song she loves! I adore her! She is SO much fun and has the full support of her mama (and the rest of the fam) to pursue her dancing dreams. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment