Wade is growing and changing so much everyday. I can hardly believe it. I have really felt the changes recently when he reached some specific "BIG KID" milestones:
Learned to ride a two-wheeler
He has, actually, been doing this for awhile now, but I have not posted any pics yet. He learned to ride in one day. I am sure he learned so quickly because he is a little older than a lot of kids who learn to ride their bikes, we just never had a good driveway to practice/ learn on. We also used to live on a street that was a little too busy to practice on. So, after seeing all the kids his age in our new neighborhood riding sans training wheels, he announced to Matt he wanted his training wheels off and the rest is history.

Read a bookBecause Wade's birthday falls in between September and December, he is eligible for an awesome and FREE program (called kindersteps) at the elementary school. He goes to school everyday for half of the day (I LOVE, LOVE kindersteps!) He has already learned to read among other great things, but I can't believe he can read...

Lost a tooth
To Matt's delight, Wade lost his first tooth the other day. It had been loose for awhile and he came home from school one day with a toothless grin. He hadn't realized his tooth had actually fallen out (which means he probably swallowed it), but nonetheless the Tooth Fairy came.

Wade drew a picture (of the Tooth Fairy) and left a note for the Tooth Fairy explaining that he couldn't find his tooth, but if she wouldn't mind leaving a prize anyway.
He then insisted on folding the note into a paper airplane.
The tooth fairy left him 3 tokens to use at Peter Piper Pizza and some fairy dust. Wade was thrilled and told us, "it was exactly what he wanted!"Too many things in too short of a time frame. My baby is getting so big. I am so proud of the little person he is growing into. He has such a big heart and is such a good kid.
3 comments:
I feel the same way about Clayton. They are growing up WAY too fast. Yay for riding a two wheeler though. I wish the kids in our neighborhood rode bikes. They ride skateboards and now Clayton wants one for his birthday. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
I can't believe how big Wade is getting! So grown up and learning to do so many things on his own. It makes me sad that we don't get to see him grow in person, but I am grateful for blogs just for this reason. Otherwise, I would never get to see what you guys are up to!!
I am so excited to see where you live now! So when you get a minute post some pics!
Wade lost a tooth!! I didn't know that! Tanner has only lost the bottom two and he's almost 7! And I agree about the bike being so easy since they are older-when I was in Pinetop Kamryn asked my mom to teach her. My mom said Kam got on the bike and literally rode away. They are getting SO old!
Post a Comment