Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rylee's Blessing

Today, this little angel was blessed.


Matt gave her a beautiful blessing, that I actually missed most of due to my 3 little monsters/children making A LOT of noise :). Oh well, the spirit was strong and Matt was able to repeat a good amount of the blessing to me. It was a very special day, though, because I could feel my mom's presence at the church VERY strongly. I know she was there. I was extremely emotional and thankful to feel her with me at my little girl's big day.

I am so thankful for the Gospel and the opportunity I have to live with my mom again someday. In the meantime, I am thankful to know she was with us in spirit that day stronger than usual.

My little girl's middle name is Joyce which is after my mom. For some reason, it is so overwhelmingly special to me and my family that she bears this middle name. It is almost as if a piece of my mom lives on in my little, Rylee. I love my daughter and mother so much.

I am so thankful for a loving husband who honors his priesthood and could bless our baby. I am also so thankful for a loving and supportive family. We were so blessed to have Gary, Shirley and my dad travel to town and for the "in-towners" (Bryners and Ju and Jax) come for the blessing. It was a wonderful day.





Yes, we blessed her on "Superbowl Sunday" and were still able to watch the game and eat lots and lots of junk:). This pic is me and Ry watching the game (well, to be more accurate, hanging out in the living room chatting while the game blarred from the TV.)

(She is storing some serious milk in those cheeks :)!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you! What a special day. Congratulations!