Like every girl, I make some sacrifices to look good. Some girls complain about shoes that give them blisters, others take ten minutes to squeeze into their skinny jeans--my sacrifice is my headbands. They kinda hurt. They don't ALWAYS hurt, but there are many days that I have little indentations on my head left from a day of headband wearing. I decided that I needed a plan to get out of wearing my headband--at least for a few days.
The other night, my dad put me in my bouncy seat that was sitting on the bathroom counter. I knew this was my opportunity to put my plan in action. I kicked my little legs as hard as I could and the seat started bouncing and moving towards the edge of the counter. It was now or never...I kicked until my bouncy fell off the counter.
Thankfully the bouncy seat fell vertically before crashing forward. I still face planted on the tile and it hurt much worse than I had anticipated. I couldn't help but cry very loud. My dad was there in an instant to pick me up. My mom frantically ran in to the bathroom about a half second later. She held me close to her and I felt much better. I even stopped crying. I knew the goose egg that was already visible on my head would buy me, at least, a week of no-headband-wearing!
Since my dad had seen me fall, he insisted to my mom that we go to the ER. It was 9:00 on a Saturday night. My mom agreed through her tears. We loaded up and rushed to the same hospital I was born in and waited in a room with A LOT of sick people. We had to wait awhile and it was SO much FUN! I haven't been one on one with my mom and dad while I'm awake for a long time. I had lots to talk about and babbled, laughed and cooed the entire time we waited.
When we finally got to go back and see the doctor, she decided that I should have a CT scan. I don't know what that is for, but I do know I had to lay on a large table while they put a heavy blanket on me and my mom had to lay near me while holding my head straight. I did not like the CT scan. I almost started to think this wasn't worth it--almost.Following the CT scan, we had to wait another hour for the results. I couldn't stay up any longer. I think it was 1am now--way past my bedtime. Since I was asleep, I didn't hear the results of the CT scan, but later overheard my mom telling someone that the scan showed nothing out of the ordinary. I did not have any fractures or swelling--thank goodness!
When we finally got home, my dad gave me a really nice blessing and then insisted on sleeping on the floor in my room. He was a good roommate--no snoring or loud breathing and I didn't have to cry for more than a second or two when my bink fell out of my mouth.
On Sunday morning I woke up feeling refreshed. My goose egg had reduced by more than half, but it was still there which meant my plan had worked--my mom really must have felt like my head was too tender to put a headband on. For the first time in my life (literally), I went an entire day without a headband! It was heavenly :).
On Monday morning, you would have never known anything had happened to me at all. The only evidence of my fall was a light yellowish bruise on my forehead. My mom and dad keep telling everyone how relieved they are that I am okay. I know, for sure, that my mom knows I'm okay because when she was dressing me that morning (and every morning since,) she included a headband. At least I got a break for one day--you can't blame a girl for trying.
2 comments:
FLASH BACK! That is exactly what we went through with Reagan when he had that fluid bubble on his head. Except, no one would tell us anything, and they made us visit 2 more doctors the next day before totally ruling out that Scott and I weren't child abusers! It was a nightmare! One of the scariest times of our lives! I am glad little miss Rylee is doing fine. She is quite a gifted story teller, and at such a young age.....:)
Oh no! That is so scary. I'm glad she's okay. It's rough trying to find a way to get out of wearing headbands. Just wait until she can pull them off, that's how Josie gets out of wearing them!
Post a Comment