Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Staycation

I usually greet the, over 2 week long, spring break with gritted teeth and lots of prayers that I can get through it. I am such a creature of routine. I like to be on a schedule. For whatever reason, though, I was really excited about this year's break and LOVED our staycation from the routine.

All sports, music and school are put on hold and we usually head out of town, but Matt and I felt like Rylee (and Trent) are a bit too little to face a real vacation so we decided to stay home.

We filled most of our days with late mornings, daily trips to the gym, Wii and playdates. Among those "normal"activities we got a visit from Ampa which always means a trip to "Peter Piper", and a visit to the Children's museum and a Train Park.

Maybe 4 kids has taught me to loosen up a bit because "no schedule" was a lot of fun--at least for a little while (I can't get too crazy, now :).)

1 comment:

JOE BURNS said...

Way to not have a minute to minute plan Jenny. I'm proud of you! So glad to hear that Matt didn't break your brand new baby girl.