It is an amazing program that teaches the child to float on their back if they ever feel in danger in the water and then to eventually swim, float, swim to safety. Children as young as 6 months can start. It was SOOOO neat! Trent, my barely 2 year old, was swimming across the pool. Seth, who wouldn't kick his legs to save his life (literally!), was swimming across the pool!
Seth was swimming in 2 weeks and Trent learned in 3. After Seth got the basics down, his teacher started to teach him swim strokes.
.jpg)

.jpg)
Before the instructor deems the child safe in the water, the child has to come fully clothed in summer clothes one day and winter clothes another. I cannot even describe to you what it felt like to see my baby in the water fully clothed. It was a bunch of weird emotions. I was terrified because it was how it would be if had fallen into a pool or lake and was drowning, but then I felt relief that he was able to control the situation and float, swim, float to the side of the pool to safety. Crazy!.jpg)
I have already been to the pool with my "swim safe" children and I am so happy I did this program! Next year, Trent will do a refresher and Rylee will take the course. I feel so safe and relieved that I know about ISR!
1 comment:
That is AWESOME!!! I wish they had that here. Have fun swimming :)
Post a Comment