Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Silly bands

The latest craze in my children's lives are silly bands. What is a silly band you might ask? A rubber bracelet that makes a shape when you lay it down. The kids love them!
They talk, trade and think about them A LOT!

Trent is even in on it. He calls them "lellows" since the first silly band given to him was yellow, he thinks that is what they are called (cute :).) Silly bands have been banned from school because they are distracting. I agree, they are. They are also a choking hazard. I throw them away any chance I get :).

Before the "ban" was placed my kids would wear ALL of their silly bands at once to school, church, basically everywhere, thus taking up half their arms with the multi-colored bands. I will not miss this fad when it inevitably passes.

Slap bracelets or unit belts anyone?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had to ban silly bands from my house after a friend gave two of them to Clayton. They really got on my nerves. But even though my boys have never actually owned any (other than the two Clayton got at school), they talk about them constantly. I won't miss this fad either.