I grabbed Rylee and as much as I could hold and got her buckled in and set my "pile of stuff" in the car. Seth hopped in, I got Trent buckled and we were off. I dropped them at the sitter's house and was only about 5 minutes late to tennis--"not bad", I thought to myself.
Following tennis, I picked up my kids, headed home and started lunch. Everything was going smoothly although it was unusually quiet. Where was my cell phone? I hadn't seen it since before tennis. As the kids ate, I looked all over the kitchen, living room and office and could not find it. Oh well, I'll find it after I put the kids down for naps.
With Seth off to preschool and my babies napping, I tore my entire house apart looking for my phone--still no trace of it. I called AT&T and the lady could tell me that no phone calls had been made since about 9:15 that morning--good, no one has stolen it, it has to be in my house somewhere.) Just in case, I had Matt call my tennis coach and I called the sitter to make sure it hadn't been left either place--nope no sign of it (For the record, it is HARD to get a hold of people when you are used to a cell phone--I don't know ANYONE'S number anymore. I felt so helpless!)
I began to retrace my steps. I was on my phone when I was loading my kids in the car so my gut kept telling me that my phone was in my garage somewhere. By this point, I had searched the garage top to bottom at least 5 times. Then, like a lightening bolt, I remembered...I sat my phone on the hood of my car, while I put Rylee in her carseat, and must have driven off to tennis with it on there.
Oh my gosh! I flew into the house, grabbed my keys and hopped in the car. How far could of my phone actually lasted on the car!?! I was sure it was at the end of the street and, hopefully, off to the side (safe and sound.) I got to the end of the street, nope not there, turned left, turned right, turned left, turned left onto the main road in my neighborhood and proceeded another MILE before I saw it!
Could that be it?! My phone! I pulled the car over, ran the 10 yards back and could not believe I had really found my phone!
I could not believe it had lasted on my car for that long and over that many turns before it finally flew off. Could it be okay?
NOPE!! Not even close to okay.
It was face down on the bike lane on a road where the speed limit is 35. Oh, and it had been there 6 hours before I finally realized where it was :(. I predict it was run over AT LEAST a dozen times.
On the bright side, my contract was up and I got to upgrade to an Iphone 4. So, a bad day turned out to be alright :).
1 comment:
I'm glad there is a silver lining! What a bummer though, I can't imagine a day without the cell phone!
Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big Rylee is, it seems like you just had her!
Post a Comment