Sunday, February 27, 2011

Running Club

Wade has diligently woken up early every Tuesday and Thursday all Winter to attend Running Club Practice. He loves all sports and is super competitive so running has been a lot of fun for him. He ran over 50 miles this season! Wow!!

There are several running club meets a year against other schools in the Valley. He has done pretty well, each meet, placing high within his age group. The last meet, however, I gave him a little pep talk :). I told him he needs to run his fastest and not worry about running with his friends. If he is sure not to start out too fast, but maintain a fast pace, he will do great! I also reminded him that no matter what, his best will be good enough :).
He came is Fourth place out of all the 1st graders from all the participating schools!! So proud of him! These pics are of him receiving his award! He was absolutely thrilled with his victory and we are so proud of him!!

No comments: