Friday, July 8, 2011

Utah Summer Trip

Nothing beats Utah in the Summer. We love to escape the UNBEARABLE heat in AZ and head North for cooler temps and family fun. This trip took us both to SLC and Cedar.

My kids adore Ampa and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual. I love how my dad makes as much time as he can to spend with us when we come to town. In these pics we are at a park near where I grew up with gigantic grass hills. The kids loved the push, to increase their rolling speed, given from Ampa.




Ah, "Lagoon." It doesn't get much better than good ole "Lagoon." So many memories. Our kids are now creating memories there as this was our second time taking them. They love it as much as I did!

The bumper cars are our traditional start and Rylee loved them so much, they all went 3 times in a row...loving every second!


This might be Wade's last year on the bumpy whales :).
Musical Express.
Puff the Magic Dragon.
I have never seen the glamour in playing the games at "Lagoon." If you ask me, they are an enormous waste of money with little chance of winning and an even smaller chance of getting a prize that is worth a fraction of what you paid to win it, but it must be a girl thing because my boys (Matt included) LOVE the games. They continually ask all day to play the games until "meanie mom" finally gives in and forks over the dough.

$50 dollars later, this is what we ended up with:
For whatever reason, Seth was the lucky one with the balloon dart game and happened to pop the balloon with a "medium prize" card inside in addition to another balloon with a "small prize" card inside. Wade was not so lucky and the picture is worth a thousand words. They should've listened to me :).

When we have no naps, a long day in the sun and constant moving we will always end up with at least one grumpy kid...
and immediate sleep comas before leaving the parking lot.

There are a lot of July birthday's and anniversaries in my family. While growing up we would have a July BBQ every year at my grandma's house to celebrate. I looked forward to it and loved it every year! I share my bday with my Grandma and Grandpa's wedding anniversary. Everyone in this picture has a special day in July:
My dad hosted the July BBQ this year.


We have spent every 4th of July in Cedar with the exception of 2 since we have been married and I do not see this tradition changing anytime soon.
Yay for Fourth of July babies!
We love the parade!

Alyssa was in the parade with her dance group this year.
Up to their old tricks wasting money on Carnival games (thankfully they are MUCH cheaper than "Lagoon's" games.)




Wade wanted to climb the rock wall and set the goal to ring the bell at the top. Although he has never climbed a rock wall before, he gave it his best effort and....
reached the top!

Gotta love carnivals!


Matt took the boys fishing in the man-made lake in Cedar and Wade caught one! They were all thrilled!

Now for the good stuff...FIREWORKS! This pack was INSANE! I mention this every year, but this is proof that Matt is definitely a PYRO! That thing was 5 feet tall!

Everyone loved the show!




Finally, to wind up the trip, we took the kiddos to the skating rink. Just like the one I went to growing up...the kids had a great time!



It was an awesome trip and really hard to leave the cool temps and family fun and return to the 120 degrees!

No comments: