In the meantime, we struggle week after week trying to control our kiddos during Sacrament Meeting. My expectations are low and I really only hope to make it through the passing of the Sacrament before an outburst, timeout trip, bathroom break, etc.
This particular Sunday was just like the rest and there had been no relief from the get go. Trent was as busy as could be and running all over our aisle. Fortunately, he tends to quiet down a little bit for some bread and water.
The bread was passed to everyone in our family. Okay, not bad--Wade (search for the biggest piece), Matt, Seth (2 pieces), Trent (handful), me, Rylee. Thankfully our deacons have got it down and are able to pass the bread and water fairly quickly so in no time, we were getting the water.
The water is a whole new problem--the kids usually spill, grab the entire tray and almost spill it all, or fuss over wanting to keep the cup (which they will inevitably choke on for sure.) As the water goes down our aisle, my heartbeat is flying and sweat is beading on my forehead. We have to be quick and strategic. Somehow, Trent got away with his empty water cup this time.
I was going to let it fly until after the deacons sat down to avoid him screaming when I grabbed it from him, but Wade and Seth noticed right away. "Mooommmm, Trent has his water cup!" "It's okay, " I shushed back, "I'll get it from him in a minute."
Before I know it, Trent is out in the main aisle, yelling, "It's okay, Mommy" as he ran to where the deacon's line up while waiting for the others to finish and said, "here go, here go, here's the cup!!" The deacon's were shocked and it took a couple yells from Trent for one of them to turn to him and allow him to put it into the tray.
I was mortified, but the 8 rows ahead of me were thoroughly entertained. :) Oh well, at least I didn't have to grab it from him! Our little Trent is such a character--so difficult, but so fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment