My baby girl is SO much fun! I STILL, STILL cannot believe she is mine. I also cannot believe she has red hair and it has stuck...how did I get so lucky? Although she is my precious baby doll, she lives up to her red hair. Many warned me that she would be a fiery one because of her red hair and I just laughed it off. Rylee is a cliche red head through and through with tons of sass and fire.
She is at a really fun age because she has started to talk in sentences and is pretty dang good at expressing herself. Her sentences are short--about 3-5 words, but her point is heard loud and clear.
Rylee has had a runny nose quite a bit lately, but is pretty good at letting me wipe it as long as I am soft enough. I ALWAYS try to be soft, but I guess the "nose wipe" had started to annoy her because she started screaming "go away!" when I tried. I wipe it really quick, anyway, and be done.
One day, I had to wipe her nose several times and Rylee was fed up! I went in for the wipe and she screamed, "NO, STOP IT, GO AWAY POOPY!!" As you can imagine, I was shocked by her command, but it also took everything I had not to burst out laughing! What a little SASS! I replied, "Ry, that's not very nice, mommy's just trying to help you." She didn't care and was off in a flash.
We DO NOT tolerate the use of potty words in our house, but let's face it...she has 3 older brothers who ball up laughing anytime they hear the word(s) poop, burp, etc. She's a gilry girl, but one tough cookie who can definitely hang with the boys.
It's SO cute right now, Matt and I laugh about all the funny things she is saying everyday, but I have to admit, deep down inside, I am already nervous for my little red headed teenager. :)
1 comment:
Oh the potty words! Why do boys find those words so funny? Rylee is so spunky and cute! Sounds like she keeps you on your toes for sure!
Post a Comment