part of July in Utah (home, sweet, home!) The first half in Cedar City with Matt's parents and family and the second half in Sandy with my family.We celebrated the 4th in Cedar. The kids LOVED fireworks. I say "kids" lightly because Matt enjoyed putting on the firework show probably more than the kids liked watching them! It was fun to be with family! Seth, especially, clung to Grandpa Roper. He would "help" in the garden
and would take long walks with Grandpa--loving every minute of it.After Cedar, we headed to Sandy. The main reason for the drive up was to attend my high school reunion (10 years.) I was nervous, but excited for the whole thing and it ended up being fun, although not quite what I anticipated. There just wasn't a great turnout which was kind of a letdown. Oh well, it was still worth it see how everyone, that was there, was doing.
My kids LOVED seeing "Ampa" (which is what they call Grandpa Rasmussen.) They got to stay up late, eat BBQ potato chips (which I never let them do!) and took several trips to the park. We also got to go to a BBQ at my grandma's house with the rest of the Rasmussen clan. Wade calls grandma "Granny C!"
The day we got home, Jess, my pregnant sister, called with news that she would be induced! We were all thrilled and I rushed off to be with her and her husband, Ben, at the hospital. The next day around 5:30 pm, we were blessed with a healthy and darling Logan John Bryner! It got a little scary during the delivery and she ended up having to
do an emergency c-section, but all was ok in the end and mom and baby are doing well.
Now that Jess and baby are home, I have been helping with them. Julie, my other sister, has been in town and has been an AMAZING help too! Matt has been watching the kids and lining up work. He officially started working on July 21st. It has been exciting and surreal at the same time. We can't believe Matt is done with school and working. He has been able to jump right in and LOVES it!Julie leaves today and life should attempt to get back to normal this week--well as normal as it ever gets around here!
7 comments:
Yeah Jen! You have jumped on the blogging bandwagon as well. Your blog is so cute - I love it!
love your blog Jen! Your kiddos are so adorable!!
Yeah Jen! I'm so happy to read your blog. You really have been so busy . I'm thrilled about Jess's little Logan. What a sweetheart. Tell her congrats for me.
Jen! Your blog looks great! Your boys are such cuties!
Im so excited that you did a blog!! I can't wait to see all your new updates. That is so exciting about Jess, you will have to update me about your sis' c-section. Our blog is sorensenspot.blogspot.com.
YEAH!
Hey Jen... cute blog. So fun to see what you're up to.
Hi Jen & Matt!
I love your blog! It was so fun to see a picture of baby Logan! He is adorable!!! It was also really fun to see your boys!!! They are so adorable and it was so much fun to see you guys!
Jen, I understand your feelings about sending Wade to pre-school. It is the beginning of a wonderful journey; it seems just like yesterday that I sent Mattie to pre-school and now she is going to college on Saturday.
Love ya, Polly
Post a Comment