Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Soft Touch, Angry Touch

Trent will be 8 months tomorrow--8 MONTHS! I cannot believe he is only 4 months from a year. Time is flying and this little guy grows and changes so much each day. He isn't as interested in sitting still and being held anymore. He is very interested in what is going on around him.

He puts everything in his mouth, can hold his own bottle, rolls and pushes himself with his feet to get around, sleeps through the entire night and doesn't really like any baby food except bananas and squash.

Because he is so interested in everything, he is constantly moving around and wants to touch what ever he can get his hands on, which brings me to his famous "soft touch, angry touch." When anyone is holding him or even near him he will reach his hands to grab whatever he can get a hold of and it is usually hair, an ear or the back of your neck.


He always starts with a nice soft touch to trick you into thinking he just wants to give you a nice pat. Within a second or two of the "nice pat", he will grab and pull your hair or sensitive part of your neck as hard as he can. IT HURTS! His razor sharp fingernails (that,I swear, grow long in one day) combined with his, always damp, hands wrapping around you hair or skin makes for an authentic "angry touch!"

It might be his "baby" form of revenge. He does it to his bothers, too, and heaven knows they deserve an "angry touch" every now and again :). Matt and I laugh, despite the "touches" he likes to give, because Trent is such a sweet baby full of so much life. We love him very much!

4 comments:

jenichild said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how fast he's growing. We missed seeing you guys at Christmas!

Marie Holmes said...

I love this post! I love Trenty's nice and angry touches! It's good to see a little fiestiness in that little boy. He's got to hold his own with those brothers and cousins! We loved having you guys here and we miss you so much. I keep thinking about Wader sleeping over. That was so fun for Lys!
I just got my insurance statements for the dental work Matt did for us. I hope you guys know how truly grateful we are that Matt is so willing to take care of our dental needs. We also recognize the sacrifice you make to help that happen too! We honestly would have had to put off the work that was done for awhile until Chris was out of school. What a blessing that is for us! Love you guys! Mer

The Bryner Bunch said...

I've experienced some of those "angry touches" before, but his "soft touches" definitely make up for them:) He is such a sweet little angel and he makes me excited to have our little baby arrive. It does seem like he is growing up so fast...just in time for our little guy to assume the "baby" position:)

The Hunt's said...

So funny. I feel like I am trimming Tess's nails every other day too! They hurt like crazy when they grab you!