This year, we spent the bulk of our break in Utah! I had not been "home" in over a year so it was REALLY nice to visit. The boys had a fantastic time. They especially enjoyed all their time with Ampa.

Ampa took them to the Dinosaur Museum, Hill Air Force Base, a visit to Granny C's, several park trips and played with them endlessly. He is so good with them and said he loved every minute he had with the boys. I am so thankful for my dad--they adore him :).
My dad INSISTED on taking them to the Dinosaur Museum and the Air Force base alone. He claims they act differently when I am not around (I am sure "differently" could be defined as crazy, insane, out of control--you take your pic :).) Nonetheless, he wanted to do it, so after some hesistation, I let him. They made it back unharmed and in one piece so I couldn't ask for more than that. The only war wound was when Seth plowed over Logan with the stroller leaving a goose egg on his little forehead.
While in Utah, I also got to see some of my longest and best friends! I could talk for hours to these girls and never run out of things to say (which is what we did!) We also got our kids together to play and that was a lot of fun. It is crazy to think that I have been friends with these two as high school cheerleaders, through college roommates, weddings and 3 kids each (Lins due with her third in Sept.) We have been through so much together and I love them with all my heart!
Although we had lots of events going on, the main reason for going to Utah was to attend Dane's baby blessing in Logan.

Ben gave him a wonderful blessing and I was glad we could be there for it. I can't believe Dane is already 6 weeks--wow, time flies! Here are some darling pics Lalani took of Dane for his upcoming baby announcement (so cute!):
On the way to and from my dad's house, we stopped in Cedar. We only got to see Matt's fam for what seems like a minute, but it was still great to hug them all and visit for a little bit. It was a fabulous trip!
5 comments:
Thanks so much for coming to the blessing! We really appreciate your support! Logan had a blast being one of the boys...he feels so cool playing with your boys and Ampa. I love that pic of Dane on the chair...he is growing so fast:(
I just read your post about the scorpion...oh my! I found one the DAY before we moved OUT of our last house right by the crib just as I was laying Sammy down to bed!!! I SCREAMED SOOOO LOUD. It was as long as a pencil and fat and disgusting. I know what you mean about the nightmares! It takes a while, but you will forget about it. BUT now...I am actually remembering...OH man. Those things are so sick! My house glows green and we are all going to get cancer but at least we wont have bugs or scorpions around!!!
Sounds like a really great vacation. What a great Ampa to take all the boys by himself (and what a great break for you)!
Also, I love your gray dress (I think the pic was on Jess's blog). You look so good!
Jen,
It was so fun to have you "home"! It's always fun chatting and laughing for hours. Can't wait for our trip. Noah and Mason had a great time with all the boys (and Savvy)!
Lindsay
I Love the pictures of Dane! That was probably a great blessing. I'm happy that you had a lot of fun with your friends and family. We were happy that you came down for the night! We love you guys!
Jocey
Post a Comment