Wade "graduated" from kindersteps last week. The school had the kids put on a really cute program in which they sang songs and called each of the graduates by name and handed them a diploma all followed by juice boxes and cookies (in true 5 year old fashion!)The program started with the children filing into the cafeteria/ gymnasium and up onto the stage.
I don't know if I am a basket case or if it is because I am pregnant (probably both), but I got all choked up when I saw Wade come around the corner. There was my baby, completing his first year in a real elementary school. He looked so big!
He kept Matt and I chuckling because he is ULTRA shy when asked to dance around and be silly. He also gets nervous when he thinks everyone is looking at him. After warming up, though, he is fine and gets into it.
(we will miss his teacher so much--she was WONDERFUL!)Just a short 8 week summer and he will be an official kindergartner attending school ALL DAY! It is all flying by so fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment