Friday, June 26, 2009

A Running Pregnant Lady

You can run 188 miles without stopping to eat or sleep while you are pregnant right? Well you can if you have the help of 11 other great friends :)! This past weekend we headed up North to our old stomping ground and ran from Logan to Park City without stopping.

The race is called "Ragnar Relay" and is, obviously, a relay race where each team member runs 3 different parts of the distance. We really do run through the entire night, you have to eat while driving or while your van is on "break", and port-o-potties become a very important necessity in your life :).


Our team consisted of 5 couples in our ward and 2 brothers of team members.
I don't think I could have ever done this race if I wasn't doing it with my husband, sister and best friends. It was another "marathon-like experience" for me when I had to go out and run in the rain after only sleeping 2 hours while the beginning phase of the flu was coming on, but I managed to do it and not regret doing it :).

You hear about pregnant women running marathons when they are 8 months along, but I can tell you this is one pregnant fatty who is throwing in the running towel (at least for awhile!) I cannot wait to get back to my normal gym routine instead of the 5am training runs Matt and I have been trading off these past few months to avoid the AZ heat.

We had a blast and it is truly an adventure to run through the Utah mountains in the rain. We completed the 188 miles in about 33 hours. My team was amazing and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

It was also my first race with Matt and I am excited he has joined the racing bandwagon and will, definitely, assume the drivers seat for these next few months. I am happy I did it and I am happy it is done! Now, I get to sit back and do the elliptical while my hubby trains for a marathon--go Matt!!

P.S. We REALLY could have NEVER done the race without the love and support of our families! A BIG, HUGE hug and thank you to Gary, Shirley, the rest of Matt's fam and to my dad and Paula--WE LOVE YOU and thanks for watching the kiddos!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - that's impressive. You are amazing to be able to do that - especially pregnant!

Sorensen Family said...

Good job Jen! That is seriously awesome!

P.S. I am anticipating July 1!

Linsey

JOE BURNS said...

Very impressive way to go!!!

Eardley Fam said...

WOW! You are amazing. That sounds like an awesome experience.