My friends, Lalani and Melissa, threw Kristy and I a 30th birthday bash never to be forgotten :)! They were so sweet to go to so much work and effort to make sure
Kristy and I felt special about our big day.Jess organized a fun lunch date with some of my favorite friends,
Matt and I went to dinner with friends and Jess and Ben made me Sunday dinner complete with a birthday cake (my kids wouldn't allow anything less!) It was actually starting to get embarrassing because in my old age :), I tend to shy away from the spotlight more and more (to those of you who have known me for years may find that statement surprising.) I couldn't have asked for anything more although I could have asked for A LOT less sickness.Like I said, I came down with the flu on my birthday, but still felt up to meeting my friends for lunch. Following lunch, I made a steep and quick downward turn for the worst. I barely made it home and spent the next three days in bed. I could not keep anything down. It was horrible and, actually, starting to get really scary.
I lost 6 pounds and my OB (and Matt) was close to sending me to the hospital to hook me up to an IV. If I wasn't pregnant I might be happy to lose 6 pounds so quickly ;). Thank goodness for Jess, my lifesaver. She basically camped out at my house for 2 days and was mom to 5 all day--not an easy job. She did it without any complaint and the kids were all happy as could be. She is a WONDERFUL sister and a FABULOUS little mommy.
I am up and running again and happy to be so. 30 started off with a bang and I want to thank everyone who made my birthday wonderful and perfect--even with a few bumps in the road!
2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Sorry you were sick though! It's nice to have some more friends be in their 30's like me so I don't feel so old.
I am happy that you enjoyed your b-day celebrations! I also, am happy that I could be there for you when you were sick. I actually enjoyed my time with all of the little guys:) I'm here anytime you need me! Love you!
Post a Comment