Thursday, September 17, 2009

Jaxon Jude Wright


Last weekend, we (well, Julie) welcomed Jaxon into the world! He was born at 12:05am on September 12, 2009--barely making it past September 11th (phew!) He is a HUGE CHUB who weighed in at 9lbs 4oz. Since he was so big, my baby sis was in labor for quite awhile which resulted in a Conehead--Saturday Night Live style--for my new nephew.

Despite a LOOONNGG labor (25 hours), Jaxon came out the sweetest little thing ever! Jess, my dad and I were all able to fly to Vegas and make it for the delivery (Jess and John were in the room, my dad and I opted for the waiting room :).) We were so happy to be there and share the experience with Ju and John.


Jaxon is huge and chunky, but gives out such a sweet and loving vibe. I could have held him all day. I had to head back home after he was only a day and half old, but Jess and her boys have been there all week. The report is that he nurses like a champ and sleeps well. He has even had a 7 1/2 hour stretch of sleep--lucky Ju!!

We are happy to have another boy join the club. Now we have another "protector" for our little princess who will be arriving in just a few months :).

1 comment:

Marie Holmes said...

What a beautiful baby! I can't believe she gave birth to a 9lb.+ baby. Congrats!
We had a great time with Matt and the boys this weekend. They are so fun!