Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Mania

I have learned as your kids get older, life seems to get crazier and busier. Now that I have one in Elementary and one in preschool I cannot expect that their schools would NOT celebrate Halloween (nor would I want to) and that coupled with ward and neighborhood parties sent my family into Halloween Mania.

Seth had the opportunity to wear his costume FIVE times this week. FIVE times! At least I got good use out of the $20 bucks I paid for it :).

Thankfully, Halloween is a favorite around here because of all the family birthdays that are happening. This year our kids went as Mario, Luigi and Koopa Troopa (the turtle.) Matt and I had high hopes that I would go as the Princess and he as either Yoshi or Toad, but since I have a massive growth :) on the front of my body, I couldn't find a good costume so we decided against it.

During the week was the ward "Trunk or Treat" (fun!), red ribbon week at Wade's school, birthday parties, Seth's school "play" and our neighborhood party. PHEW! I am glad for the few weeks we have to break before Thanksgiving.

These are of Seth's school play. That is sweet, little Trent (in the blue striped shirt) sitting right in front of the kids--he wanted a good seat!


We had some of our friends and neighbors over for dinner before trick-or-treating!

This costume lasted on him as long as it will take you to look at the pictures--about 5 seconds!


All the kids...

And we are off to get CANDY!!

4 comments:

Nichols Family said...

Oh, Tyler wanted to be Mario FOREVER then at the last minute he decided to be Ben Ten. Your pics are cute!

I know you're probably super sad about your ward split...I know exactly how you feel! But you guys will absolutely LOVE your new Bishopric. Promise!

Unknown said...

The Super Mario theme is too cute for words. Sounds like a fun Halloween!

Chase and Teresa said...

What a cute little Super Mario family! I love Halloween, and love getting good use out of the costumes.

I cannot believe how far along you are now. I hope everything is going well with your pregnancy.

Terri said...

Oh my cute Jen!!! I had a lot of catchin up to do in the bloggin world. It was fun to see what you have been up to. Obviously a lot. I cant believe you are having a baby girl. Yeaaaaaaaa. I am so excited for you. Me and my little sweetie are going to Princess on Ice tomorrow in SLC and I love it. Just doing things like that with just us.
ON another note.....your kids quotes made my night. I laughed out loud at every one of them. It made my eyes water. My favorite one though is about the Lighting and burying your skin. HAAAAAAAA. So glad you are doing well. I cant wait to see your soon arriving pictures. Love you.