My bright, blue-eyed little boy is 6 years old! I can harldy believe he is that old. Time has really flown by. I can still remember so many details from his birth, the day we brought him home and all the wonderful experiences and memories that have followed.I said it last year on his birthday and I have to say it again: this sweet boy changed every aspect of my life for the better the second I held him in my arms. Nothing will ever change that. Nothing could ever have changed me so completely or correctly than my Wade.
Wade is such a great kid and, together with Matt, the 3 of us take on each new challenge and learn about life as he gets older each day. I feel so blessed to be his mom, to be the one who gets to make mistakes or make good decisions, but mostly to learn and try to make the best life possible for him.
Wade is an oldest child through and through. He and I are so much alike--Matt will often laugh about the little quirks and details Wade obsesses over because they are so much like me. Fixated on routine, organization and control coupled with hard work and pleasing others are some of his (and my) personality traits.
Wade goes to kindergarten and absolutely LOVES it! His teacher adores him and he loves her too. He loves to learn and does well at it. He is reading, writing, adding and subtracting. It is amazing to watch his little mind tick and listen to him tell me about his day and what he learns about. I hope that his love for learning will stay. I know it is only a matter of time before school becomes a chore rather than a privilege so I am trying to relish this time and make it as fun for him as possible.
Besides school, Wade is:
*a soccer star (scores several goals at each game)
*loving all sports
*participating in running club at school (he averages 4 miles per practice!)
*taking a weekly music class to prepare him for piano
*a great friend and loves to play with his pals
*a gamer (LOVES, LOVES to play the Wii and Nintendo DS)
*a family man (loves to visit or have ANY family member visit us)
*a fast runner
*a good ball thrower
*enjoying riding his bike
*a CTR 6 in church
*loving to eat EVERYTHING (I can't imagine what it is going to be like when he is a teenager :)!)
*loves sharing a room with Seth
*a fantastic big brother (so sweet and loving with Trent, always looks out for Seth and can't wait for his new sister to arrive)
*a wonderful son!
Happy Birthday to the sweetest, best little guy ever! Love you so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment