My past contractions have not even been that painful--better explained as uncomfortable. Whenever asked my pain level by the delivery nurse, I would usually fib a bit and say "4" in order to get my epidural sooner. This pregnancy has been COMPLETELY different. I don't know why I am surprised since everything has been different this time around from the start, but for some reason I thought my delivery would be the same as my other three.
I have been having contractions since Thanksgiving day. I have, actually, been having them a lot longer than that, but have categorized them as "Braxton Hicks" until about last week. They have picked up immensely in repetition and pain since Sunday.
It started on Saturday night and went on all day Sunday. I decided to go to church since I was sick of charting my contractions (writing down the start time of each one in order to tell how close they were coming.) While at church, I told a few friends I was having lots of consistent contractions. The news spread like wild fire and within minutes the entire ward knew I was in labor--well so they thought.
Here I sit at my computer almost five days later and still no baby. Several of my ward members, including my Bishop, have called and I have to embarrassingly tell them that I still haven't had my baby. The reason I am so frustrated is that I am still having consistent contractions. Apparently, this time, they aren't doing anything more than dilating me to a 2 and 70% effaced (I have been this for over a week now.)
I think I can safely say that I hate contractions. These ones are teasing me and driving me nuts. Each time I have one, I think to myself, "Is this it?" "Am I supposed to go to the hospital now?" For the record they have teased me enough that I HAVE already been to the hospital and sent home followed by 2 doctor's visits (Monday and Wednesday) all to be told the same thing: you are still a 2, come back when the contractions are stronger. GRRRRRRR....stronger?
You might be thinking to yourself, "what is the problem, you are still not even due for 8 days?" I agree, I am not due for 8 days and I am fine with that. I am fine with not having her until my due date. My other babies were only about 2 days early so having a baby over a week early is very uncharacteristic of me, but it is just these contractions.
In the past, contractions were my indicator to go to the hospital, now they are an annoying pest torturing me all day everyday. I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't have to deal with living each moment in limbo wondering when I am going to go into "real" labor. In the end, though, what can I do? Nothing. I have to deal with it and hope for the best.
I look and feel like I am going to pop--don't let the smile on my face in these pics confuse you--I am one miserable-contraction-hating-girl. Keep your fingers crossed for me, hopefully sooner than later I will have a post plastered with pics of our new little girl. Wish me luck...
Here I sit at my computer almost five days later and still no baby. Several of my ward members, including my Bishop, have called and I have to embarrassingly tell them that I still haven't had my baby. The reason I am so frustrated is that I am still having consistent contractions. Apparently, this time, they aren't doing anything more than dilating me to a 2 and 70% effaced (I have been this for over a week now.)
I think I can safely say that I hate contractions. These ones are teasing me and driving me nuts. Each time I have one, I think to myself, "Is this it?" "Am I supposed to go to the hospital now?" For the record they have teased me enough that I HAVE already been to the hospital and sent home followed by 2 doctor's visits (Monday and Wednesday) all to be told the same thing: you are still a 2, come back when the contractions are stronger. GRRRRRRR....stronger?
You might be thinking to yourself, "what is the problem, you are still not even due for 8 days?" I agree, I am not due for 8 days and I am fine with that. I am fine with not having her until my due date. My other babies were only about 2 days early so having a baby over a week early is very uncharacteristic of me, but it is just these contractions.
In the past, contractions were my indicator to go to the hospital, now they are an annoying pest torturing me all day everyday. I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't have to deal with living each moment in limbo wondering when I am going to go into "real" labor. In the end, though, what can I do? Nothing. I have to deal with it and hope for the best.
I look and feel like I am going to pop--don't let the smile on my face in these pics confuse you--I am one miserable-contraction-hating-girl. Keep your fingers crossed for me, hopefully sooner than later I will have a post plastered with pics of our new little girl. Wish me luck...
5 comments:
Good luck to you and it's SOOOO exciting that the Roper fam is finally have a girl! We can't wait to see pictures!
Ahhh labor, it is oh so fun! :0) But it will bring you the bet gift ever. I for one cannot wait to see your little girl. You look great by the way. Good luck with the contractions, hopefully this will bring labor on sooner than later.
Love ya!
Linsey
Hang in there. We are here waiting to swoop in as soon as it really happens. We can't wait to see your little angel:)
I know that exact feeling Jen!! It is the worst. When they say, "come back when your contractions are stronger" you want to punch them... at least I did. :)
At least you aren't past your due date, but the waiting game is the worst.
Love Trent's room. Can't wait to meet your cute little girl. Until then... just enjoy your sleep and relax. She will be here soon enough. Oh, and by the way, you look so beautiful pregnant.
Oh man! That can't be fun! I LOVE how you decorated Trent's room, it is so cute! So happy to see the picture that I took in there too! It goes so well with the new room. :)
Post a Comment