Surprisingly, he is doing really well! The first night I took him in his new room, he seemed like he felt weird about it (after all, it was Seth's room just a few months ago.) We went through our normal bedtime routine and when it was time for me to leave, I laid him down in the middle of the bed and told him this is where he is going to sleep now and then told him, "night, night, love you." With that, I closed the door and left him in his new room.
He isn't used to sleeping with a night light so I wasn't about to introduce one to him now. I don't know if it was because the room was pitch black or if he liked the new bed, but with just one short whimper he went to bed. Both Matt and I listened at the door several times during the next hour and didn't hear a peep. When I felt like it had been long enough, I carefully opened the door a crack to find my sweet baby boy asleep in the middle of his new bed.
The nights have been easier than the days. He spends most of nap time running around the room, reading his books and enjoying sucking his binky (which is a vice only allowed at bedtimes.) I am sure he will catch on to nap times quickly though and cannot believe how easy it was to switch him over. Another sign that my little one is getting big so fast.
1 comment:
His room is so darling! I can't believe he's such a big boy now. That's great that he's doing so well in his new room.
You are so cute pregnant! All belly. I don't love being pregnant, but when I see other people who look so cute pregnant it makes me jealous (but only for a second - Josie's still a baby)!
Post a Comment