My training went well and my time goal was to beat 2 hours. I felt ready, I felt good.
I rode the bus to the start line and despite only having 6 hours of sleep the night before, I had a lot of energy. The race started right on time at 8:30am.
Primarily downhill, I was cruising. I allowed my legs to carry me as fast as they wanted while trying to stay light on my feet. The weather was perfect--slightly cloudy, 55 degrees. The scenery was just as I hoped--beautiful!
We ran down the canyon road, through mountain trails and came out for the last 3 1/2 miles through the neighborhoods until reaching Snow Canyon High School for the finish.
With about a half mile to go, I saw a church that I thought must be where the high school kids go to seminary. A few seconds later, I knew I was right, there was the high school! I kicked it into high gear--I was almost done.
Lots of people were along the sidelines cheering the runners. I even high-fived a couple of excited kids as the finish line came into my sight. I finished in 1 hour 46 minutes--placing 306 out of 1151 overall racers and 111 out of 731 female racers! Whoo hoo! I killed my time goal! I felt awesome!
Following the race, we got to spend the weekend with Matt's family. We had a great time! We got to go to Sherisa's (Matt's niece) bridal shower, Matt and the boys went to a triumphant SUU football game, lots of visiting and hanging out with awesome family members and of course some trips to our fave restaurants!!
No comments:
Post a Comment