Thursday, December 30, 2010

Elf on the Shelf


Have you ever heard of "Elf on the Shelf?" I hadn't until this year, but LOVED having this little addition to our holiday time. You can buy your Elf and his accompanying book at "Barnes and Noble" or "Pottery Barn." The book explains it all, but basically your Elf is sent from the North Pole to "watch" over your kids during the day to ensure they are behaving and reports back to Santa each night.

My kids totally ate this up! I didn't think they would buy it or care about it, but I was wrong. Seth (who is scared of the police and, I guess, Santa) was super into it. Each morning the Elf has moved to a different spot in your house because he had just returned from his "report" to Santa at the North Pole. Seth would fly out of bed and look for George (our Elf) first thing every morning.

George saved me from several long tantrums and other defiant moments from my kids. I wish they could come up with something that would work all year round. I will say this, George will be returning to the Roper house right after Halloween this next year :). We'll milk it as long as possible.

No comments: