
It's pretty sad/ridiculous how many pictures I have of Rylee with a bink in her mouth. She loves it more than any of my other kids did combined. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I can hear her say, "biiinnkkyyy", like it is the most wonderful thing on this planet. I am embarrassed that she is over 2 and has a binky. We know better, Matt is a dentist for crying out loud, but it is REALLY hard to say no to Rylee (red flag alert for the future!)Because her love for the bink is so strong, we decided to let her keep it until after the move and baby. She has lots of changes coming up and what's a few more months really going to hurt? So that was the plan. Until we legitimately lost all the binks.
We used to have about 10 and over the past few months one would be left at the gym, one at the the store, one at Jess' house, etc, etc until we were down to just one. Although the plan was to let her keep the bink until after baby comes, I didn't want to buy anymore. I thought we had enough to hold us for the next little bit, but I was wrong. On Friday, we lost the last bink.
Matt and I tore the house apart looking for the last binky and could not find it and, eventually, decided we should just be through with the bink. We made the decision and committed to stick with it. Rylee kept asking, "where's binky, I want my binky." I replied, "binky's lost, it went bye bye." At first she would not accept this and said, "NO! I want binky!" I just kept replying the same way. She was not a happy camper going to sleep that night. I tried to rock her and calm her down, but there was still lots of crying and screaming until she fell asleep.
As you might have guessed, it was a HORRIBLE night. She was up and crying 3 different times, BUT we made it through. Since this wasn't my first rodeo, I knew night #1 would be the worst followed by nap #1 which was equally as horrible. She ripped her entire room apart, but finally went to sleep after her hour long destruction.
Night #2, was completely different: a little fussing and that was it! She slept soundly the entire night! Nap #2 was horrible again, but at least we have the nights down now. I give it one or two more naps until she figures it out. I'm proud of Rylee. She REALLY, REALLY loved that thing, but has moved on very well.
Like I say with most big transitions with my kiddos: I should have done it long ago and would have had I'd known it would be this easy. You'd think I'd learn after so many tries? Oh well, at least she is off the bink! Whoo hoo!
1 comment:
poor baby! her world is about to be rocked! :)
Post a Comment