I know I've said it before, but the love and support I've received since I have been diagnosed is unimaginable. I could not feel more loved! The only downside to it all, is what is causing all of the love to be shed upon me ;).
I'm learning about many great organizations I knew little, if any, about. The first organization and official fundraiser "Team Jen" participated in this year is the "National Brain Tumor Society" walk.
This is a national traveling fundraiser that reaches out to several communities. When the organization comes to your city, your team has the opportunity to participate in a morning of events including a "walk"for brain tumor research aid and activities such as games, raffles and food for the cause.
Several weeks before the walk, your team works to raise money to donate. Jess headed up "Team Jen" and we were able to raise over $3500 dollars...can you believe it!?!?
I'm beyond thrilled!! What's even more exciting is we placed 11th of the 94 teams participating from the Phoenix Valley. Over $94,000 dollars went to the organization on March 16th, 2013!
I am honored and proud to be a part of saving others lives! Thank you to all the family and friends who donated their love, time and money to "Team Jen." I am very blessed. This was the first of many fundraisers to come.


No comments:
Post a Comment