I knew I wanted to do things I have never done before on this trip so I was ready to try it all and many adventures were had!! We started by hiking near our resort and saw many gigantic sea turtles and sea lion.
The whales and dolphins were also rampant which was seriously amazing!
The kids wanted to spend as much time as they could at the beach so we did. The beaches on Kauai are amazing…some are perfect for boogie boarding while others are good for surfing, still others are good for snorkeling, etc. We boogie boarded,
body surfed, snorkeled and I surfed…yes, SURFED on the best beaches in the world!
I knew I wanted to surf and talked about it leading up to the trip. I signed up for a lesson, met Ziggy (yes, his name was Ziggy), learned the basics and paddled out into the waves. Ziggy helped me to know when to turn around and get ready to go, but I was the one who stood up and rode the waves ;). I got up 3 times and surfed to shore!! The beach is a "surfing" beach because the waves are pretty close to shore and you can surf right onto the sand. Jess watched me the whole time like a proud mama…she took at least 100 pictures…I loved it!
Surfing is super hard, but so fun! Standing up is such a wonderful feeling…like no other I can explain. My poor body took a beating, but I wore my black and blue bruises up and down my legs, bruised ribs, sore muscles and shaky arms like badges of honor :). I felt on top of the world! I surfed and it was hard, but I can do hard things and it was SO worth it!
We did so much more, but the highlights of the trip were the helicopter ride Matt took me on of the Na Pali Coast,
Spouting Horn,
endless beach days
and priceless family memories. It was paradise and so much more!





No comments:
Post a Comment