Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wade's first music recital

Wade has been taking a music class since he was 2. A friend of mine, in the ward, teaches it and it has been a great experience these past couple of years. At first it was a mom-and-tot class (which Seth and I are currently enrolled in together), but now, he joins a few of his friends (all without mom's present) and practices each week.

I was thrilled to find out they would be doing a "music recital" at the end of this session. It was tonight and it was a lot of fun! My friend, rented a room at the local library, set up chairs and had her students perform. Wade and his group went first.

Matt and I each had to take a turn to go up to the front (where the kids were supposed to be sitting quietly) and warn Wade to "BE GOOD!", but once the program started he did really great! They performed three songs: "Jingle Bells", "Must Be Santa", and "This Little Light of Mine." it was so dang cute to watch them sing!

Wade did such a good job--he knew most of the words and sang them. He was in the middle, so Matt and I could hear his little voice singing! He, really, knew the words and actions to "Must Be Santa"--it was so cute!

This was my first recital, as a mom, and I was not let down! It was a great, little night!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How Cute!! I am impressed that he had a music recital. I am always amazed at the things our kids are capable of. They seem so small to me but they are growing up so fast! Great job Wade!

Marie Holmes said...

I had forgotten that Wade was in a music class. I'm so excited that he got to perform, but so sad to have missed it! If you have a recording, please bring it with you to Utah. Love to all! Mer

Sorensen Family said...

For cute! I can just hear all those little voices singing the
X-mas songs. I can't wait to see you guys soon. When do you come in again?

Linsey

Amanda said...

Sooo cute!!! That would be so much fun to watch. How awesome that your friend started a program like that. I'm sure the kids love it!!!

Kate Rosenvall said...

What a fun program! I think it is great to start early and teach them at a young age to love music.

We were really sad we weren't able to come to the party either. My mom said it was fun visiting with you. It sounded like it was a lot of fun.

Thanks so much for all of your prayers. We can definitely feel each and every one of them.

Mandi said...

So sweet... I am sure it was so much fun to see him sing... I can't believe he has been doing that for 2 years... How is everything... my computer was down for a little bit, but it is fixed!!!I'll give you a call soon
m

Heidi Berry said...

How cute! Recitals are proud moments for moms, aren't they? What cute pictures!

Armstrongs said...

I wish that Chase was there with them! I know he would have loved it too!