Thursday, December 27, 2007

IT'S A....

BOY! Before any of you start offering your words of sorrow, I am fine, I promise. I love my two little boys with all my heart and another one is going to be wonderful. My ultra sound was this morning and, in addition, to finding out the sex, I also found out that our baby boy is healthy and developing right on schedule!

It is always a relief to find out the baby is healthy. I, really, love to go in each month and hear the heartbeat and have my doctor say, "everything looks great!" These appointments are, especially, nice when it is too early to feel the baby moving.

Speaking of the baby moving, I, officially, felt HIM moving last week. I LOVE that feeling. It is, by far, the best part of being pregnant (besides getting to eat a little more dessert :)!) To all you moms out there, I know you know what I am talking about. To feel this little person growing inside of you, relying on you for EVERYTHING. It is incredible.

We will be naming our little one: Trenton Gary Roper and call him Trent. Matt and I, both, love that name so we are sticking with it. I am, also, excited to be using Matt's dad's first name as our new baby's middle name! I am so thankful to be a mom and thrilled to add another baby boy to our little family!

Although, I am excited, no one is more excited than Matt! He can't believe that he will have 3 boys! He grew up with all sisters, so having so many boys around is a special treat. My dad is VERY excited too! He loves that my sisters and I are out numbered! He, too, has spent his (adult) life surrounded by girls and loves that since we have gotten married the boys keep piling in! Finally, Matt's parents (especially his dad) are excited to have another little guy to carry on the Roper name! They adore our boys and can't wait for another one!

18 comments:

Marie Holmes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie Holmes said...

Jen,
So happy to hear of another CUTE nephew! It makes me happy to think of 3 darling boys running around together! We were all so excited to hear that he is healthy. --We had a great holiday. Glad you're home safe!
Love, Mer

Kristy Martin said...

I'm so excited, you're living my dream of having all boys so far!....tonight when the girls were being "girls" Brian and looked at each other and just grinned with excitement that we get a baby boy again!

And I absolutely LOVE your name for him. I have no ideas really....lots of maybes come up but I can't wait til one just feels right!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Bryner Bunch said...

We are so excited to have another little nephew! All of our little boys are going to have so much growing up together! We also are happy to hear that he is healthy and right on schedule! Can't wait for May!!! Love you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I love having boys, I think that it is a great opportunity to raise good men. Besides (I don't know about yours), but mine are total momma's boys! Cuddly and sweet, and I wouldn't want it any other way!

Love the name Trent, very masculine! I bet Wade and Seth are excited!

Dana Marchant said...

Congratulations! Boys are fun....They may make more noise, more smells and be stubborn...but when they smile and look at you saying 'Mama'...I'm sold! Love 'em!

Eardley Fam said...

Congrats!! You will have a pack of handsome devils!! So glad the baby is healthy and everything is going well.

Kate Rosenvall said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys. Just think about what great buddies they are going to be when they get older. And, it's always a relief to hear that the baby is healthy and growing. I am with you...I love to go to every one of my appointments, although they are always so quick....and the extra dessert...now that is always a plus :) I'm so happy for you guys.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!!!
Marcae

Brody Purser said...

Jen, I am so excited for you!! I have to say having a boy is so incredible and so different from girls...so I am jealous that you will have 3! Congratulations!!

I missed seeing you over Christmas. Hope you had a great time in Utah, glad you are back. :) By the way, I love the name you have picked out for your little guy.

Angie Whitman said...

Jen-that is such great news! Your going to have your own little soccer team! Or whatever team! I bet Matt is so ecstatic. Congrats! I am so happy for you guys and glad that everything looks good.:)

jenichild said...

That's so exciting! You make the cutest little boys. They're so lucky to have you for a mom! It was so fun to see you over the break. We really need to get to together more often. I need to do better at keeping in touch. But we might be moving back to AZ this fall. It's Mike's 2nd choice for PhD programs. It'd be fun to be back. Hope you had a fun a break and good luck with your pregnancy. Cone

Sorensen Family said...

Oh Rass that really is going to be fun having 3 boys close together. I love watching Ryan and his 3 brothers interact they have so much fun together. I loved seeing you over the break. Congrats on the baby!
Love, Linsey

JOE BURNS said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you both and it's great to hear that all is well and he is growing perfectly. Jen tell Matt to stop celebrating.

Jamie Christensen said...

That's exciting. Hope you and your family have a Happy New Year.

Nate and Lalani said...

Yipee! Another boy...that is great news, congrats!

Armstrongs said...

Congrats...I was just thinking about you today and wondering if you had found out yet! Just think...when that girl does come around she is going to be so spoiled with all her big brothers there to protect her!

My sisters little boy is Trenton and we call him Trent...that name holds a special place in my heart!!!

Chase and Teresa said...

Yay!! Congratulations! I may have told you, but my sister has three boys, and she loves it because she gets to be the queen of the home.