Sunday, January 20, 2008

Favorite Shirt

Many of you have little girls and many of those little girls LOVE to dress up. I have either read or heard about your daughter's wearing their "princess" gown the second they walk in the door or the outfits they choose to express themselves. As we all know, I just have boys and you may think that I do not have to face any of these "dress-up" situations, but I am here to say it is quite the contrary.Wade LOVES AND ADORES his "Phoenix Suns" t-shirt. You may have noticed him wearing it in many of the pictures I have posted in previous blogs and you may have even wondered if I ever change his clothes. Well I do, but when we are home (like a lot of you with your girl's), I let him wear what he wants and 9 times out of 10 it is this t-shirt.

The moment we get home from anywhere, he beelines to his room and changes his clothes. Unless it is washing, he will always choose his "Suns" shirt. Matt loves this and, actually, encourages it. We LOVE the "Suns" and it is fun to watch our little boy like them too.

I believe Wade loves his shirt as much as he does because it makes his dad proud! He also loves to play, watch and talk basketball with Matt. Steve Nash is a favorite in our home by all of its members.
At this point, it hasn't got out of hand. He listens when I tell him to change back into his other clothes so we can leave our house so I, really, don't have a lot of room to complain. I just thought I would let you "girl" moms out there know that you aren't alone in this boat!

10 comments:

Nate and Lalani said...

how cute...wade is such a cutie. My boys don't change their clothes. so, i have to do wardrobe changes for them a couple times a day:) j/k

Unknown said...

I think that is hilarious! Clayton has a Lightening McQueen shirt that he is the same way about! Clayton's shirt, though, has paint and gum on it so he isn't allowed to wear it out of the house (this has caused many tantrums and fights). I love that Wade is the same way!

The Hunt's said...

That is funny, every since my sister moved to AZ, she has become a die hard Suns fan and an even bigger Nash fan! I guess it's something in the water down there!

The Bryner Bunch said...

I love that shirt too! Wade is such a sweetheart. His favorite shirt is a great choice...it could be much worse...like the shirts that you used to wear with the torn neck holes!

Chase and Teresa said...

My friend's son loves to dress up with Ashlyn's necklaces and dress up shoes, or is frequently found wearing his mom's high heels and necklaces, so be grateful Wade's is a very masculine shirt :)

Amanda said...

So cute!!! That is hilarious how much he loves he shirt!!! Your baby count down is almost to 100. Can't believe it! Hope you've been feeling good!

Marie Holmes said...

I love that Wade knows exactly what he wants. I have found that boys are pretty picky about what they wear. Spence won't wear levis, just pants with stretch band waists. I'm hoping it is just a stage. Anyways, good luck and feel glad that he chose a good shirt to be his favorite! Love those boys!

Evelyn said...

That is so funny, Jen! I love it. I bet Matt is pretty happy about Wade's passion. Gosh, I can't believe how quickly kids grow up! Wade is looking so grown up to me in these pics. Miss you guys!

Melissa Stadler said...

I love it! That is so cute that he wants to wear it all of the time. Steve Nash is the greatest and the SUNS are such a fun team to cheer for. It is nice to have a good role model in the NBA. Ha!

Jen - I totally feel your pain as far as 2 year olds go! It is tough! The interesting thing is that Carson learned how to get out of his crib in Utah as well. It was a crazy adjustment coming home and it took a good week for him to figure out that I am the "bad guy" that keeps putting him back in. At least we know they grow out of it, right? :) Hang in there girl. You are a wonderful Mom!

Angie Whitman said...

That is great! I am so glad he lets you change his shirt before you go anywhere. Its strange and maybe its my imagination, but with having a boy now...people don't really pay attention as much at all to their clothes. I don't worry half as much as I did with my girls!:)Your lucky in that area!