Sunday, January 27, 2008

First "real" haircut and Season 4

My title may seem a little random and confusing, but it is just describing the events of the week, so, I guess, a more appropriate title could be "This past week...", but anyway...

Seth has the cutest hair (in my, loving/biased, opinion.) It has been so fun and I love the curls and how cute it has grown. About 2 weeks ago, Matt and I decided he needed a haircut because his bangs were always in his eyes and it had been awhile since Ben's brother, Clark, (who trimmed it in the past) had cut it. Matt, teasingly, suggested we buzz it so it can grow like Wade's and they can have the same style--of course I was horrified at this suggestion because I love Seth's hair so much (not that Wade's hair is bad, I love his style too, but Wade's doesn't have any curl to it, so the spiky style is great for him not Seth!)

After waiting a week for the hair wax to wash out (see two posts ago), I took Seth to a cute little salon for kids. Matt said it would be a waste of time and money and they would end up buzzing his hair because Seth would be too wiggly during the trim and ruin it. I thought that if there was any place that would be able to cut his hair, it would be a kids salon--after all, they have to be used to kids freaking out over hair cutting, right?

The salon was darling and Seth did a great job waiting his turn. The stylist was super nice and patient with him. With some minor resistance we were able to trim his bangs. I couldn't bear the thought of ruining the length and style of the rest so that is all I would let her do. I think it turned out great. Matt thinks he needed a trim on the rest, but I need more time to prepare myself! :) I think Matt made me too nervous at the thought of a buzz, I just couldn't risk it!Wade started his 4th season of soccer a couple of weeks ago and is loving it! As mentioned before, he is EXTREMELY competitive and loves to play. It is a lot of fun to watch how much he has improved over the past year.

His coach (Jackson's dad) even started trying, Wade, out in actual positions. Wade was assigned to defense, which he thought was pretty great. Even though he would be back by the opposing team goal when the teams would kickoff, he still managed to find his way up the field and stealing the ball (from whomever has it--including his own teammates) to go for the goal.

He has a lot of enthusiasm and excitement for the game. We continue to work on his teamwork skills :), but he gets better each game and understands a little more what playing soccer is all about! SO much fun! I guess I better get used to sports with 3 little boys in my family!

12 comments:

The Bryner Bunch said...

I love little Sethie's hair too! He's our little surfer dude! Wade is such a great soccer player and he has inherited his mom's competitive spirit! I just love your little guys!

Unknown said...

Good call leaving Seth's hair longer. Noah's was that way and we did buzz it and I was sad for days (we are growing it out now).

Wade playing soccer is so cute! I bet going to his games are such fun!

Marie Holmes said...

I love Seth's curls. Matt should love them too, since they look just like his when he was little.
I love the picture of Wade at the head of the pack. I can't believe he can play soccer like that at such a young age! Although it takes a lot of dedication on the part of the parents, all those extra activities are well worth it. Hope all is well!

Julie said...

Jenny-
I just found our blog through Heidi & Phil's and just wanted to say Hi! I love that blogs help you find long lost friends. You have such a cute family and congrats on baby #3, how exciting! Hope you guys are doing well...I'll check back often to see what's new!
-Julie

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

well HELLO! I was so excited when I saw your name on some random comment somewhere and clicked on it to find out you have a blog, too! It's crazy! I'm so excited to be able to keep up with you guys and read about your adorable kids and cute little life. I'm going to check back often, too!

Amy said...

I love Seth's hair long. It's so cute! The weather looks SO NICE down there. Glad you're enjoying it.

Chase and Teresa said...

I'm glad you left Seth's hair long. I love spikey hair on little boys, but you have to enjoy that curl while it is there.

I can hardly wait for Ashlyn to get involved in some activities.

Evelyn said...

Yes... I love Seth's hair. You made the right choice to just trim the bangs- he looks adorable.

Yeah! for Wade's soccer season to begin. I can just imagine him out there- how fun for you guys to watch your little boy play!

Amanda said...

What a cute hair cut. It reminds me that I need to get Ella's cute badly!!!

Kate Rosenvall said...

Don't you just love watching kids play sports? I'm sure it's even better watching your own kids! It looks like Wade is going to be a STAR!!!

I love that picture of Seth getting his hair cut. From the looks of it, it doesn't look like he was too enthused...but I'm sure getting a sucker afterward was a great reward!

Terri said...

Where do I even start. I havent been on in forever. I rarely post and then I dont get to look at everyones posts. Either because I feel yucky or tired. So Iam trying to get caught up. Soooo love your post on your Seth and the trouble he gets into. LOVE IT. I will have to make sure Tami has read it. She would appreciate someone else having more trouble. :)
As for favorite shirt...agree on that one. Silvers is his army shirt. And sometimes I get embarrased because I feel that is all he wears. But its just sometimes a fight you choose not to have. Love your Utah pictures, although I wished you contacted me, I would have loved to see you. But I know its hard to get everyone. Also congrats on your baby boy. I think boys are so fun. I grew up with all sisters too, so to me its something different. Love it. Glad you are doing well. Take care!

jenichild said...

What cute kids! I've been trying to cut Tanner's hair myself and that's been a major mistake. I even resulted to trimming it in his sleep. Not a good idea :)