I have been an official blog slacker (thanks Joe) and my only reason is that it has been crazy around here lately. This post will wrap up the past couple of weeks so I hope it won't be too long--I will try to keep things simple.
First, the Roper family feels inclined to welcome Shaq ("The Diesel") to the Phoenix Suns Basketball team. We are HUGE fans of the Suns and feel extremely excited to have such an incredible player join our team. Now when Matt and the boys play basketball, Wade is Nash, Seth is Stoudemire and Matt is Shaq! We can't wait to see Shaq play--it should be a great second half of the season!
Ampa came to visit at the beginning of this week. The boys (and I) were thrilled, as usual! It is always a treat to have my dad in town. We visitied all our usual spots when he is here--"Peter Piper", the park and the orange groves by our house. He also bought the boys some temporary tattoo's which they absolutely LOVE!

My friend and college roommate Mandi and her two adorable kids came to visit this week too! I love Mandi! Those of you from college that are reading this know what I mean. She is so much fun and such a great friend. Her kids are darling and we spent most of the week
chatting while our kids ran around entertaining each other! We did go to dinner and a movie one night while Matt watched the kids (thanks!) and we also took the kids to "Bounce U" for a great energy burning session followed by a great primary activity that Wade and Gracie attended. The week flew by and I can't believe Mandi is already gone! Thanks for all the fun--we love you guys!
Wade had a Valentines party at school on thursday and was beside himself in excitement! He and his little friends were talking a mile a minute about getting candy and passing out Valentines and how much fun it all was. He had a great time.Matt and I went out for a friend's birthday/ Valentines day on friday. Our friend's husband rented a limo which we rode in to the "Grand Lux" in Scottsdale for dinner. Besides my HORRIBLE cold (which is another reason I haven't been blogging), it was A LOT of fun! I haven't been in a limo since high school dances (which is probably the same for most of you), so it was pretty fun!
All in all it has been a busy, but fun, two weeks! I will try not to go as long without posting!
11 comments:
You have had a very busy couple of weeks! Now, hopefully, you can get some rest and get better. It is so funny how similar our posts are...great minds think alike:)Love you.
Yay for so many visitors! It sounds like you were very busy.
"Heck" is so funny. I totally understand though, we have been trying forever to get Clayton to stop saying "crap" (I think he finally stopped though). If this is the worst thing Wade says though, I wouldn't worry too much about it!
I love it! I love good friends that come and visit, and I love what little kids say. That is funny. Get some rest girl. You've been busy!
Finally!! you posted about SHAQ!!! Matt and I were wondering when you were going to get to that. hee hee. We had so much fun and I can't believe that we are already back. Time flies when you are having fun. Thanks for being so great, now if only you weren't perfect, I think I would love you more. Get some rest, hope you feel better, and I love all of you.
I have weeks like those sometimes, full of fun and going at full speed. I'm sorry to hear you guys have been sick. Hope you're getting better. Alyssa had a similar Valentine's day. She was so hyped up, almost like it was her first time celebrating. They're at such a fun age right now. Everything is so exciting to them. I can just picture Wade having a great old time! So excited to see you in a couple of weeks!
p.s thanks for the template hint on pyzam. It is so easy to use!
Love, Mer
I love that Mandi visited you...that is a great family picture of her!!! Mandi is great! We are also very excited about Shaq. We hope that we can get to Phoenix to see a game!!! You do need to be taking it easy...you've got another little one on the way!!!
You looked so cute pregnant the other day at the park. I hate all of you skinny prego people! Nah, just giving you a hard time. You deserve it! I'm sure you don't eat everything in sight!:)
Looks like lots of fun stuff going on and fun visits! Love visits from old roommates. One of mine is in town this week and I can't wait to see her!:)
Cute post! you have had a busy few weeks. We are super excited about Shaq too! Also, Jackson has been saying heck alot lately, maybe he got it from Wade:)j/k However, if that is the worst thing he ever says i'm not going to worry too much:)
That's fun that your dad came for a visit. I bet he LOVES playing with those cute boys of yours!! Sounds like a fun week!
Sounds like you guys are doing awesome. So unfortunate that Suns will be slowed down by the big "slow lug" hopefully his glory days are not over.
ha ha
jeremy
Post a Comment