Monday, February 25, 2008

Prego Update

If you haven't noticed, my little baby timer on the side of my blog is showing that I am getting closer and closer to end of my pregnancy and I am not even close to being ready! I am already 28 weeks--officially, in my 3rd trimester, and have not done one thing except for pick a name for this little guy.You would think there isn't a lot of preparation that goes into your third child since you have, obviously, done this before and, especially, since he is the same sex as my first two, but since this one will be born in May (completely opposite time of year as my other two), I need to, pretty much, start from scratch in the clothes department.

Most of the clothes I have are stained, stretched out and yucky anyway, so I don't mind starting over. I do, however, need to go through and wash and organize the few things I want to keep from the 4 LARGE bins in my garage--sounds fun, huh?

Not to mention, this poor kid's room which is virtually non-exisitent. Either we will be finishing (drywalling and putting a door) on our loft, moving Wade and Seth together or keeping Seth with the baby. When I do decide on a room, I will need to paint and decorate--do you feel my pain?
Any suggestions from anyone out there? I need help with room decor, the latest and greatest baby supplies, ideas on siblings sharing rooms and anything else you can think of! He will be here before we know it! Thanks for any and all help!!

16 comments:

Kristy Martin said...

I say finish the loft would be first choice, but the hardest!! When it comes to sharing-that's a hard one to figure out!! My sister keeps moving hers and is still trying to see who works best with who! Her only regret was putting their names up in the rooms and they were color specific and are now all mixed up! (She did however have the baby with her 4 yr old for about a year, and only in the last few months have things been hard/changing!) haha, in other words, GOOD LUCK!

Unknown said...

Noah was born in a different season from Clayton so I had to start over with clothes. I liked that though! I think buying baby clothes is so fun!

I say finish your loft. I think that it's hard to for a baby to share a room. I would be so afraid of the baby waking up the other kid.

Your belly is so cute! I love it!

Marie Holmes said...

It does seem like finishing the loft would work the best. I've got the girls sharing a room and it is kind of hard. I'm not sure how it would work with your two older ones, but I know it is hard for a newborn to share a room. (Even with mom and dad!) Well, good luck! I will be interested to see what you decide.
P.S. I can't believe how good you look! I was enormous by that stage!
Love, Mer

Evelyn said...

You cute little pregnant lady! How adorable! I'm so sad that I'm not there to see you in person!!
Man... you know I have absolutely NO advice about room sharing. I'm struggling big time in that arena. I'd say to make the loft a bedroom!

Oh- and so fun that your friend came to town to visit. She's darling- looks like you had such a fun time!! Miss you!

Sorensen Family said...

You look so so so so so good!! All you have is a cute little belly. Man I wish I looked as cute as you.

I think you should have the older boys share a room. Then you don't have to worry about dry walling. I bet they would love it. Pax and Savy will be sharing a room when I have a third.

Can't wait for our trip!!

See you soon,
Linsey

Mandi said...

Jen... look at that cute belly!! First... you still have a little bit of time because you will keep him in your room for a little. Finishing the loft would be the best, but if not I would put wade and seth in a room together (are you going to have to get Seth a new bed?) Sharing a room can be good at teaching certain things... good luck. Have you decided on colors yet? I am so excited to see what you decide. Let me know what I can do to help

jenichild said...

You look so cute! I can't believe it's your 3rd and you still look tiny except for the protruding little basketball.

That will be so fun to decorate another little nursery. But I'm sure it's overwhelming also. May babies are so much fun because you can pretty much just put them in a onesie and never worry about them being chilly. I guess in AZ you never really have that problem anyway.

I can't wait for St. George. I wish we could stay longer. Are you coming Fri-Sun? Next year we really should do Cali. It'll be shorter drive for you and a quick flight for us.

You look great!

Kate Rosenvall said...

What a cute prego girl you are...you put my HUGE belly to shame :)
Well, to make you jealous...there will be 4 of us sharing a room for awile until the baby is old enough to sleep in her own room. I'm in for a real treat :)

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Yikes I have no advice for you ... I'm still getting the hang of managing 1 kid! :) Baby #2 scares me to no end for some reason. But whatever you decide on it will work out perfectly!
Oh also your baby is due on Marc's birthday. So May 16th is a good date!

Nichols Family said...

Finish your loft! (Sorry I don't have decorating advice...hence the reason only our kitchen is decorated so far.) And I saw the cutest idea for nursing moms yesterday! Remind me to tell you when I see you at the gym next!
-Jennie

Eardley Fam said...

Jen-
You look soo great!! I can't believe you are already 28 weeks! Not much advice here about the room situation-probably best to keep baby by himself...as for decor there are a couple of cute websites I found you might see some ideas-
newarrivalsinc.com
babystyle.com
Good luck!

The Bryner Bunch said...

Put Wade and Seth together...they will love being roomies just like we did! Trent should be in Seth's room, but you do have awhile to do anything because the baby will be in your room for a few week anyways. Finishing the loft would be great, but a huge ordeal...it's up to you and I will help you with whatever you decide or want me to do. Love you!

Julie said...

Way cute belly shots. Your so tiny. As far as advice goes, I'd probably keep your older 2 boys together and put the baby on his own. You could do bunkbeds with the boys even, to give you more space. Good luck! What are you naming the little guy??

Armstrongs said...

I have the best memories of sharing a room with my sister. I would put the boys together. I thought I would never put my kids in the same room when they were young but Chase and Nolan asked to sleep in the same bed the other night and I let them and they fell asleep in about 5 minutes and then I moved Nolan back to his crib. I think I will let them sleep in the same room when I finally decide to move Nolan from his crib! Good Luck, I wish I was closer to help out!

Armstrongs said...

I have the best memories of sharing a room with my sister. I would put the boys together. I thought I would never put my kids in the same room when they were young but Chase and Nolan asked to sleep in the same bed the other night and I let them and they fell asleep in about 5 minutes and then I moved Nolan back to his crib. I think I will let them sleep in the same room when I finally decide to move Nolan from his crib! Good Luck, I wish I was closer to help out!

Chase and Teresa said...

Since you asked for advice. . . Don't put the baby and Seth together. I put Ashlyn and Alyssa together from the very beginning and I think it spoiled Alyssa because if she made a peep I was in there immediately. It took me awhile to realize Ashlyn was a deep enough sleeper to sleep through it.

Your belly is so cute. You really are very cute pregnant.