Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Cleaning?

I am sure you (who can) would all agree that being a mom is the greatest thing ever. I find it amazing that my two little boys can be so different. I love their little personalities and watching them grow and change each day. It makes me even more excited for our new baby to come so I can see what he will be like.
With that being said, I have to blog about another "little quirk" beheld by my, sweet Seth. I, actually, have to take some of the blame for this one--I may have created a minor monster! Those of you who know the "mom" me, know that I am a little obsessive about organization and a clean house. I am not always organized and I, definitely, do not always have a clean house, but I am the most happy when things are organized and clean.
I guess, Seth feels the same way. The past few months he has shown a weird obsession with the vacuum. He LOVES it when I vacuum and creates as many opportunities as possible for me to do it. For example, he sneaks cereal, crackers or pretzels into the living room and dumps the crumbs on the carpet. He then, will run to me and tell me there is a mess and I need to get the vacuum. As I get the vacuum out, he runs to the playroom to retrieve his toy vacuum so he can "help." He will run his vacuum over the crumbs and stays involved until the mess is clean.

I know that isn't too weird, but this is: About a week ago, Seth started to sneak my vacuum out of the closet, take it into our nearby guest room, shut the door and then...who knows what? I don't know if he just looks at it or plays with the parts, but I usually find him just after he went into the room and nothing is out of place--just Seth and the vacuum in our guest room. When I get there, he knows the routine: put the vacuum back in the closet, which he seems to love to do just as much as getting it out.

Some of his other cleaning quirks are: his nursery teachers have complimented him on being the "best cleaner-upper" of the bunch, he loves to wash his hands (although he isn't bothered by being dirty--go figure), he is the first to point out a stain on anything and he will always be the first to help me clean up. He says, "I clean up, I help."
I love my little weirdo :) and guess I should be thankful for a boy who likes to clean because at the rate we are going, I will have a house full of boys who are usually messy so it will be nice to have Seth's help!

11 comments:

The Bryner Bunch said...

Sethie is so funny and I LOVE his little quirks! He is so tender...I melt when he says "I love you Aunt Jess" out of the blue. As for his vacuum obsession, I have no idea what he is doing behind closed doors, but it makes for a funny story! You should spy on him the next time you see him doing it:)

Unknown said...

What a great helper! It is hilarious that he is obsessed with the vaccum! Send him to my house - he can go nuts (or at least teach Clayton how it's done)!:)

Julie said...

What a cute kid. It sounds like he'll be a big helper as he gets older. I love vacuuming, but it hasn't rubbed off to my kids yet.

Angie Whitman said...

You are training him well. His future wife will be so grateful. Sometimes I worry that I've passed some of my tidiness quirks on to my girls, but by the looks of my house lately...I don't think I'm so neat anymore! Get ready for 3!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

That is so stinkin' cute!! I wonder what kinds of weird quirks Im passing on to Mason sometimes--kids are so observant! Oh I love his long hair, too!

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

I love this post! Seth is SOOO cute too! Passing this on to him is a really good thing!!! His college roommates will love you for it! :)

Marie Holmes said...

All I can say is, I LOVE THAT BOY!! You are so lucky to have such little sweethearts!

Nichols Family said...

Be proud! You've helped create a little cleaner who will be a great help to his future wife someday!!! We need more of those helpers in our house...my boys are s-l-o-w-l-y learning, husband included ;)!
-Jennie

Evelyn said...

oh, that is too funny, Jen! I'm cracking up! So cute!! I miss that little guy.

Sounds like you had a wonderful girls weekend. You look so beautiful in the pic you posted! Glad you had a fun get away!

Eardley Fam said...

Oh that is just too cute and so funny. Gotta love it though thats for sure! Maybe he will train the other boys someday!

Kate Rosenvall said...

That is too cute. Just think...Seth's future wife will thank you for the example you set for him :)
I can relate with you..."A clean house = a happy mom.
Hope you guys have a Happy Easter!