Monday, March 3, 2008

Family Weekend Fun!

We are so blessed to have Jess and her family living close by. Nothing compares to relaxing Sunday dinners, cousins playing and the security of knowing you always have someone to rely on. Like I said, we are blessed to have them so close. We are also blessed to have wonderful parents that come to visit as much as possible.

Gary and Shirley (Matt's parents) came into town two weekends ago, flew out of Phoenix for a Caribbean cruise, and came back this past Saturday for a couple more nights until they headed for home this morning.
They are such wonderful parents (and in-laws) and have always been so loving and supportive of us. The boys LOVED having Granny and Grandpa around and spent their time at the park, going on walks, playing "growly bear" and running around our house and backyard on "Cloud 9." No one can give kids attention and love quite like grandparents can (at least that is the way it is around our house!)
Also, this weekend, we made a trip to the mall (always fun!) and one of our favorite restaurants "Ruby's" with Jess, Ben and Logan. It was a lot of fun and we had a good time laughing and chatting! It has been a great few days filled with lots of family fun!

9 comments:

Marie Holmes said...

Just talked to Mom and Dad. They really enjoyed visiting you and playing with the kids. We all absolutely adore those boys! I love Seth's hair!! They are both looking so grown up. Spence and Jocey are both making plans for this weekend. Hope you guys are ready for some more guitar hero!
See you soon! Love, Mer

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

I can totally relate. When grandma and grandpa come, my kids are out of control with excitement! They love it. I love reading your posts by the way!

Unknown said...

That is so fun to have family visit! I am so jealous that you live so close to your sister. I wish that I lived closer to my sisters!

I think you are right that no one can love and give attention to kids like grandparents! It sounds like the boys really had a great time!

Sorensen Family said...

So cute pictures! I love looking at pictures!

See you soon, can't wait!
Linsey

Kate Rosenvall said...

How fun for Matt's parents to be able to spend a couple of days with you guys. They are both great people.

Hope you are feeling great. You don't have too much longer to go.

P.S. Jess's little guy is a little doll.

Have a great day!
Marcae

The Hunt's said...

It looks like everyone had a great time! And may I just say, I LOVE Seth's hair! So cute.

Evelyn said...

So fun, Jen! I couldn't agree more. Grandparents are so great!! Blake's fam is coming out next week and Evy is dying for the big day to arrive. Glad that you guys had such a nice visit. Oh- I LOVE Rubys! That's Blake's favorite.. we always go there in Cali.
Miss you tons.

The Bryner Bunch said...

We love living close to you guys too! It is so fun to watch Logan interact with his cousins...can't wait for Trent to join in on the fun! Love you!

Chase and Teresa said...

Ashlyn is anxiously awaiting the arrival of her Granny right now. Grandparents are so fun for these kids.