Spring Break started with a bout of the flu that both Wade and I had. He was such a little trooper--it broke mine and Matt's hearts to watch our, highly active and energetic, 4 year old throw up and lay around all day. After a couple days of rest, he was back to normal and we were able to enjoy the rest of our break.
We made a trip to the "Phoenix Zoo" and the kids LOVED it! We were able to go with some of their (and my) friends so it made it that much more enjoyable.


Wade got a, much needed, haircut. It pains me to say that Seth is next, though I am not going to cut a lot--just a trim :).
Clark and Lindsay joined the usual crowd for Sunday dinner and Clark helped the boys build a "fort." They loved it! I remember building forts with blankets and pillows when I was young.
Aunt Mar (Matt's sister) came for a visit. We all loved having her here--especially the boys. She spoiled them to death and they ate up every bit of it :)! Matt was able to do some dental implants on her, which turned out to be a great experience for both of them.
While Mar was here, Julie and John, also, came for a visit. Julie is off to dance on a Mediterranean Cruise next week so she came to say her goodbyes. We will miss her very much, but loved every second of her visit. We also loved having John here. It is ALWAYS the best to have us all together. We had an absolute blast and kept busy:
going to the "Easter Pageant" at the Mesa Temple. I am pleased to report that the boys did really well. Wade, especially, loved it. It helped that we had great seats (thanks Ben for going over TWO hours early to save our spots!)


playing "Rockband!!!" (if you think "Guitar Hero" is fun, it is NOTHING compared to ROCKBAND---SOOOOO FUN!!)
and celebrating Easter:




We also took the kids to see "Horton Hears a Who", got a babysitter and went out with just the adults, went shopping and stayed up super late chatting and enjoying each other's company. It was a wonderful Spring Break, but I am happy to report that Wade started back at preschool today and we have soccer resuming next week along with swimming lessons and the usual craziness of life (just the way we like it :)!)
11 comments:
I love all the pictures! Was it really only 16 days?!?! It felt more like 20 something! Payton asked, "Where my brother" like 10 times today, it was too cute. Good to be back on track with life (for now that is!)
It sounds like a great vacation (other than poor Wade getting sick)! It sounds like you had a lot of visitors and a lot of fun!
I love Seth's hair (I am growing Noah's out because I hope it will look like Seth's)! So good call on the trim!
Easter was so much fun this year...the only one missing was dad. Rock Band is the best and you, in my opinion, would make Bon Jovi proud with your Dead or Alive performance! I always love family get togethers:)
Don't cut his hair!!! ;)
Looks like you had a blast. Wade's hair looks darling. Luckily Spring Break was only a long weekend here, so no real hickups in our routine.
That makes me want to go to the zoo!
Wow Jen great post great pics and looks like a ton of fun with all the family and friends. Tell Matt he needs more emotion in his guitar playing. Julie and John can turn it down a notch haha. Great stuff.
I love the rock band pic! We still need to post our little video clip of you jamming out, I am sure everyone would love to see how wild you can be! :) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun over Easter!
Looks like you guys had a great Easter, they boys looked really cute in their sweater vests! :) They remind me of our wonderful trip we had.
Love ya,
Linsey
The boys look adorable in their Easter outfits. You have such good taste! Ha Ha!!
What a fun break! I love your little boys' curls. Oh, how I wish one of my kids had an ounce of curl. Such cute pictures. How fun to spend time with your sisters. You still look way too good to be so close to the end of your pregnancy.
Wow! You guys had a busy few weeks, didn't you? Sorry to hear you and Wade had the flu. THere's nothing like being sick while you're pregnant!
Glad you had fun visitors. Oh- I agree with you about Rock Band... It really is fun!
You are looking so cute! I love seeing you pregnant :)
Post a Comment