Saturday, May 17, 2008

Baby Trent

Our sweet, sweet baby boy is here! We are thrilled to have him and report that all went well during delivery and both he and I are home and happy. Trenton Gary Roper was born Wednesday, May 14th at 9:53am. He weighed 7lbs 9oz (my smallest baby!) and is 20 1/2 inches long. He shares his b-day with his Aunt Mar!

He is the sweetest boy ever. Today has, actually, been the first day we have heard him cry and I would barely call it a cry it is more of a high pitched, little yell. The consensus is that he looks just like Seth--a little different through the nose, but everything else is the same.

I don't know if it is because he is my third and I know how fast this time goes, but I have been spending a lot of time just enjoying him. I love to hold him, smell him and watch him sleep. Words can't describe how much I love him. I feel so blessed to have another healthy little boy in our family.
The boys are enjoying him as well. They LOVE our newest addition. Wade is very cute--super protective and gentle. He is always sure to wash his hands before asking to hold him and loves to touch and kiss Trent's little head.
Seth is also, surprisingly :), gentle! I think he got a lot of practice at being gentle while I was pregnant. He was always very "soft" with my belly and has kept it up. Seth loves all the baby equipment that is lying around now. He wants to crawl in and out of the bassinet and swing and loves to find Trent's binky and anything else he thinks would be a fun toy for his new brother.
Matt is thrilled as well. He is such a good daddy and always ready and willing to help. Matt loves to hold our babies until they fall asleep on his chest-it is fun to watch.
We are a happy bunch. I am thankful this little guy is healthy and not inside me anymore :).
We have been so blessed with help from our family and friends. Thank you so much to everyone for being here (whether it is physically or through the phone and email) and supporting us, it means so much!




30 comments:

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

Yay!!! He is adorable. congrats!! I hope everything goes smoothly over the next couple weeks.

Kristy Martin said...

He is so cute! THe girls were so excited to see what he looks like too. Thanks for sharing some pics. I got a video of Wade on the slide today-I'll see if it'll let me email it to you!

Nichols Family said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you...he's an angel. You still look good even after you just had a baby! Oh and I love the name Trent. (I'm biased though b/c that's my husband's name) So, what can I help out with? I'll miss you at the gym for a while I guess.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to see these pictures. Trent is absolutely adorable!! I'm sooo anxious to see and hold him. All the kids are thrilled about their newest cousin. Love to all!!

Brody Purser said...

Congratulations Jen!! He is so cute! I am glad everything went well and he is here healthy. I agree about baby number three. I definitely have held and enjoyed Jett more than my other two. Maybe by number three, we are just more laid back and not as worried about the big things.

Please let me know if I can help in any way. Congrats again. I am so happy for you guys. What a cute little family you have.

Jer & Cort Smith said...

Congrats rass mass! j/k

We're glad that everything went well. He is a cute little boy, hopefully you will get your girl next and we will get our boy :)

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Hi Jen. Your new baby is adorable. I saw your blog on Heidi's. You look beautiful - as always! Congratulations!

Tami and Kaleo said...

Jenny he is so cute and your boys look adorable holding him. Its fun huh. Love you tami

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable! I was thinking about you all week and knowing that any day now we were going to get a birth post! I am so glad that everything went well and that he's there with you guys now! So cute how Wade and Seth are being all gentle and helpful with him!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!

brooke said...

Jen...I am so happy for you. I will let you catch up, but I want to chat soon and hear about it all. I miss you! Trent looks darling.

Eardley Fam said...

Yay!! Congratulations!! So glad everyone is happy and healthy! He is adorable-I know what you mean about the time flying-with Ava all I wanted to do was hold her all day!

The Bryner Bunch said...

I am so happy that baby Trent is here and that he is so healthy and beautiful! I've really enjoyed the past few days and all of the excitement. I cannot believe you aren't pregnant anymore and that you have THREE boys!!! I couldn't be a prouder Auntie!!! Love you!

Kate Rosenvall said...

Congrats you guys! He is such a handsome little devil. I am so excited for you guys. I'm sure your boys just adore him. I'm glad everything went well and I wish you the best of luck the next couple of weeks.

Heidi Berry said...

Congratulations! I was so happy to see the sweet little baby face when I clicked on your blog today. What a beautiful little boy! I am so happy for you and your family. I think you do hold your third baby a little tighter because you know that it goes by so fast. I'm glad things went well and I'm excited to see more pictures!

Julie said...

Congratulations, Jen! He's beautfiul. I'm so glad everything went well and that you're all doing good. Welcome to life with 3. It's a lot of fun. Oh, I love his name. I also love all the cute pictures. The ones with your dad are so cute.

Sorensen Family said...

OHHHH Jen!!!! He is so darling and sweet! I just want to smell him, I love the smell of newborns! You look so good too, your little family is so cute. I am so so so happy that everything went well and that Trent is healthy. I can't wait to talk to you!

Love ya tons! Give Trent a BIG Hug and a good sniff too.
Linsey

Amy said...

Congrats! He's so handsome! I'm so happy things turned out so well for all of you!

JOE BURNS said...

Congrats I'm so happy for you both on your healthy number 3! Don't worry Jen the next three will be all girls I can just sense it. Yes he looks very much like Seth.

Armstrongs said...

We are so happy for the Roper family! Congratulations...it feels like I should have three as well, since we were pregnant with our first two together. He does look like Seth...so cute. I love the picture of Wade holding him. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHH! BABY TRENT is the CUTEST little thing I have EVER SEEN!!!! AWE I love him, I love him, I love him! What a little precious sweetheart! Gee he looks so small compared to the boys. I can't wait to hold the little guy. I'm so glad all went well... you had me scared there for a minute when your water broke so early in morning with such little dialation, but it all worked out perfectly! And then there were three... I can't wait for more! I'll catch up to ya soon enough :) Love you so much!
JU

Amanda said...

Congratulations!!! He is adorable. I love all of the pictures!!! I can't wait to see more of him!

Sue said...

Congratulations! He is super cute. I'm glad all went well.

Evelyn said...

Jen- CONGRATS! I'm so happy that little Trenton is here. I love the pictures of him- what a little sweetheart he is! Beautiful.
Loved reading that darling post about you and Matt. You guys are such a sweet couple. I really miss you! HOpe all is going well with the transition.

Angie Whitman said...

Jen~he is so beautiful! I have to tell you those pictures of Trent made me feel some baby envy pains. They grow up soo fast and I love the newborn stage...I love all of the stages! I can't wait to see him in person and maybe I'll get to hold him when I bring dinner?:) Enjoy the down time and let everyone help and do as much for your family as possible!

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

Congrats Jen. He is absolutely adorable!

Katelyn & Wade said...

Congratulations to both you and Matt! He is darling! What a happy little time.

Katelyn & Wade said...

Congratulations to both you and Matt! He is darling! What a happy little time.

Val & Terri Galvan said...

Hey Jen, Trent is so cute! I hope you don't mind, I linked onto your blog from Angie's. When I saw the picture of him sucking his fingers, I thought of my baby, C.J. who is 11 years :) she still sucks those two fingers- it's not as cute when they are 11. :(

Chase and Teresa said...

Yay, Congratulations!!! He is adorable. I'm glad everything went well, and that you and the boys are all enjoying him.

I don't know if I have told you this already, but we love the same names for boys. We are very serious about Trent for a boy's name becuase it combines our dad's names, Tracey and Brent. If we continue the tradition, we'll just have girls though :)