Sunday, May 4, 2008

Baby Shower

If I haven't mentioned it before, I live in the most amazing ward/ neighborhood. We feel so blessed to have such great friends, neighbors, ward members and of course, the Bryner's, close by! Even though I am having my third child (of the same sex), some of my friends and Jess insisted on giving me and my friend Kristy (due with a boy 3 weeks after me) a baby shower. I know, I know, you are probably thinking that sounds crazy, but in my ward it doesn't matter if it is your 1st or 10th child--you get a baby shower!


Cute cake, huh? Kristy's friend, April, made it for us!

It was a lot of fun to eat yummy food and chat with some of my favorite people for a night! I also got some darling gifts (they make the CUTEST baby stuff now-a-days.)
Thank you so much, it was the best!

After the shower, I really jumped into high gear and got serious about getting organized for this baby to come (I know--it is about time.)

I purchased my new bedding ("Circles" by Dwell at Target--so cute, in my opinon--pictures to come), washed (or re-washed) all the baby clothes, moved Seth's stuff into Wade's room and even bought newborn diapers. The only thing I have left to do is paint the boy's room and the nursery and they are small (10x10), so it shouldn't be too bad. I also have a little bit of decorating to do in each room. I would like those things to be done before baby gets here, but at least the important things are taken care of.

So, how am I doing? If you are watching my baby counter, you know I only have 12 days left. This may be too much information for some of you, but I am dilated to a 2 and 75% effaced. My next OB appointment is on thursday and I am HOPING for some really good news--like: "you are dilated to a 10, lets get to the hospital :)! It would be the best ever if I didn't even make it to my appt. and had the baby in the next couple of days (ha, ha, yeah right.)

I promised myself I wouldn't even THINK about going early because with Wade I was a day late and with Seth I was just 3 days early so it is better for me to be realistic and plan to be pregnant for 40 weeks. I am just teasing myself if I think otherwise. But, I know ALL of you mommy's out there can realte--the last few weeks of pregnancy are TORTURE--it is so hard to think about anything but having the baby come! SO, I will keep you "out-of-towners" posted, but don't plan on much for another week and a half (sorry dad :)!)

15 comments:

The Bryner Bunch said...

The shower turned out great! Lalani did such a great job! By the way that pic of me has to go...yuck!

Let me know when you want to paint and decorate. I am here to help as much as possible! Love you and I am feeling like Wednesday is a lucky day for some reason:)

Kristy Martin said...

Jess, I win-my pic would be first to go! I have to admit, I miss my old face SO bad!

I also agree that Wednesday is a good day too!! I'll already be down at the hospital and would LOVE to see your baby that day! haha-keep us posted!

Chase and Teresa said...

I'm so glad you had a baby shower. You look so good. That cake is amazing.

Way to take care of some of the last stuff. Good luck with everything!

Erin said...

we're excited for you guys! can't wait to see some cute pics of the new addition soon!

Sorensen Family said...

What a cute cake at that shower! WOW dialated to a 2 and 75% effaced is making progress, so maybe this baby will come a little early. HOW FUN! You should post some pictures of the nursery when you get it done, it sounds like it is going to be so cute. You look great by the way. I hope all is well!

If you have the baby on Wednesday like Jess said, that will be Savy's b-day, how fun. Keep me posted.

Love ya tons,
Linsey :)

Nichols Family said...

You look great in those pictures! Tell your sister I said hello, I haven't seen her in awhile! I guess when I don't see you at LA Fitness I'll know you had your 3rd little buddy! Best of luck over the next few weeks!

Marie Holmes said...

Hi Aunt Jen!!! I'm so exited for you! I bet that was a great baby shower!!! I hope to see you soon! (After your baby.) Have fun!

Unknown said...

Wow, that cake is gorgeous! What great friends you have to throw you a shower! It's always fun to get new stuff for a baby!

Good luck with the end of your pregnancy. You're right, the end always SUCKS! You look so good though and hopefully we will be seeing pictures very soon!

I agree that it is so crazy to look at our lives now and think about where we were in college. So much has changed!

The Wright's said...

The shower looks like it was awesome! Everything seemed perfect... now we just need Trent to get here already!
Love you and miss you,
JU
PS Waders and Seth are so cute in their bunk bed! I love it! :)

Marcae said...

You are down to the wire. I am so excited for you. It looks like the shower was a lot of fun. I love that cake!!! Keep us posted!

Tami and Kaleo said...

Hi Jenny
You look so pretty in your picture. I am so happy for you guys finally feeling truely settled with Matts practice and good neighbors. Seriously you can't buy friendship, its one of those great blessings you count.Ok i know i totally go to 40 weeks with all of mine. So get all the rest you can and hang out eating popsicles while your boys play in the back yard pool. Cuz you will have less time when the baby comes to just kick it. Love you good luck
Love Tami

Amy said...

What a cute ward/friends you have!

Good luck these next few weeks. We'll be thinking about you!

Can't wait to see the new babe!

Anonymous said...

You absolutely don't need to be on your first baby to enjoy time with good friends. It's also nice to get a few new things and celebrate together. That looked like a great time.
I'm on edge waiting for a phone call from Matt. I'll pray that you can go early. Can't wait for the cute baby to come!
Love, Mer

Angie Whitman said...

Jen~ I am so sorry I missed out on your fun shower! It looked like everything turned out great. It was one of those days & my pj's and ice cream were calling my name. Your cake looked so pretty! She did a great job. I need to come by and drop off your gift. Your pregnancy has flown by for me...doesn't it always for everyone else? I'm glad you had such a great turn out and what great friends to do that for you! We do live in a great area!

Armstrongs said...

I wish I was there to go on a 5 mile walk like we did with Seth...then you could rest assured the baby would come early!