I, actually, did find out that "Father's Day" was, in fact, on the 15th last Saturday (the 14th.) I proceeded to call my dad and let him know that he wouldn't be receiving a card from me in the mail before the holiday and then sent Matt to the store to purchase a card for Gary (thankfully, we were in Cedar last week so Gary got a card on time.)
The morning of the 15th, I had forgotten again and didn't remember until the day was half over. Matt is such a trooper--he didn't complain at all. I felt so bad (and still do) so I sent my dad a card this week and, in our house, we are celebrating "Father's Day" today.Wade made Matt a darling picture, Matt got a well-deserved and needed nap and I made cupcakes (Matt's favorite.) Pretty simple, we usually don't do a lot, but I did want to publicly thank the three fathers closest to my heart: Matt, Gary and my dad.
Matt is a wonderful father to our boys and I feel so blessed to be married to someone who loves and values his children so much. They love and adore him with all their heart!Gary is a fantastic father, father-in-law and grandpa. Full of support and love, we can always count on him for anything. We are so blessed to have Gary in our lives. My boys love him so much.
Last, but not least, my dad. I have said many times how much I love my dad. I am blessed to have a father who loves and cares for me and my family as much as he does. My dad helped pave the path for the husband I wanted to marry.
My dad has always been so loving and involved with my life, I knew I could never marry anyone who didn't value his children as much as my dad did and still does. I have already blogged about how incredible my dad was when we lost my mom and that act remains extremely important to me and has shaped the person I am today.My dad is, also, an incredible Ampa. My boys LOVE when Ampa comes to town because they know they are in for mischief, shenanigans and fun!
Happy (belated) Father's Day to those special dads in my life! I love you!!
1 comment:
Those photos are so darling! We are all so homesick for that baby! (especially Granny) We can't wait to see all of you next week.
Love, Mer
Post a Comment