A couple of weeks ago, we got a visit from "SUPER NANNY." Well, at least she was super nanny to us. My sister-in-law, Marlene, came to town to get some dental work done, but what she REALLY did was save my life :)!
Mar is a kindergarten teacher and was filled with several ideas to help control my out-of-control :) kids--especially Wade! 3 has been pretty crazy for me and the biggest challenge has been entertaining my older 2 and keeping them from seeing how far they can"push the limits" before we send them to timeout.She created a "Wade is the Bomb" sticker chart and it has worked like a charm. He is awarded stickers for every hour he behaves. If he is sent to timeout during the hour (after receiving 3 strikes) he doesn't get a sticker. If he gets 10 stickers in one day then he gets a reward of his choice (which is usually playing the Wii!)
Wade loves this system and is so excited to put his stickers on his chart. The first few days, he carried the chart around with him and even fell asleep with it:

Hopefully this will get us through the summer!
Some of the other activities Mar did with the boys were watercolors, slip-in-slide, walks, dancing and singing to CD's and reading books. She is a wonderful Aunt and we were all sad to see her go!


A couple of days after Mar left, we headed up to Cedar City to celebrate Gary and Shirley's 50th wedding anniversary! It was a pretty good drive up and back. Trent was fabulous (thank
goodness) and it was WONDERFUL being in one of our favorite places on Earth!
Most of Matt's family was there and we spent our days visiting and hanging out. My boys were in Heaven as they ran free and wild with their cousins. It wore us all out--even baby Trent :).
We were able to get family pictures on our sacred :) SUU campus. The boys loved running around and playing on the grassy hills.


We had such a great time. We ALWAYS love to be with Matt's family and feel so blessed to be close with them. They LOVED seeing all of our boys, but some of them met Trent for the first time and had a ball holding and snuggling with him! He is such a sweet boy and LOVES to be held.
Congratulations to Gary and Shirley. They are wonderful couple and such an amazing example to Matt and I of a good marriage. They are also fantastic parents and grandparents. We love them so much!
Finally, today, Trent had his 1 month well-check. Time is flying! Our little guy LOVES to eat and is weighing in at 10.1 lbs and is 21 inches. His weight puts him in the 54th percentile. He is gaining fast and we are excited to see what next month will bring.
This is a pic of him asleep on the couch. He zonked out after his immunization and looked oh, so comfortable:
So far he loves his bath time and, like I said, to be held. He also likes his binky, but still has a hard time holding it in on his own.
Matt's mom swore he smiled at her this past weekend, but he has yet to smile at Matt or I. The doc said he would be smiling and laughing all the time soon--that is always so much fun! He has been focusing in on our faces a lot better and has more "awake time" everyday. We are so happy he is here and look forward to the many milestones that are soon to come.
15 comments:
I am so happy to see that everything is going good. I have been wondering how you have been. You look so good Jen! Your boys are so darling . What troopers they are to make the long drive to Cedar. We really need to chat! I know you are crazy busy though, so call whenever you have a minute and feel like talking. We don't need to talk long. It looks like you are doing an amazing job with 3. I know how uneasy it must feel not having a schedule, I hate that out of control feeling.
Love you!!! Hugs and kisses to your family,
Linsey
all your boys are so adorable! glad you all had a good time in Utah, sorry we missed you in AZ though!
Such a fun weekend with you all. We can't wait for your next visit!
(We did finally get Jocey to stop crying.)
Those pictures turned out really good. It's not easy getting pictures of this bunch!
Love, Mer
You guys all look so great, Jen! Wow- you are really a mom of three! I can't believe it. You are such a pro. You already look like a tiny little person again. Trent is just as cute as can be. Love your sister-in-law's idea for the "bomb" chart. So cute!! I miss you!!
Love the pictures of the slip and slide and the family pictures. You're such a cute family. Seeing your 3 adorable boys makes me think that I'd be ok with a family of all boys, too! Glad you updated -- I'd been wondering how it was going for you!
I love this blogging! I love being able to see the photos from Cedar! We're sad we missed it - we can't wait to get our hands on that little Trent! TOO CUTE!! Hope to see you SOON!
First of all, you look so amazing for having a one month old baby! Wow!
You guys have been busy. That sticker chart sounds like a good idea. I might have to try that with Clayton now.
Wow looks like your kids are having an awesome summer so far. Your family pictures turned out so cute.
Thank goodness for Aunt Mer! She was so great with your kids...I bet you're sad she's gone. I'll try to step in with the discipline, but we both know that Wade and Seth will just laugh at me:)
The family pics turned out great! I love them and I love that pic of Trent hanging out on the floor in Cedar. He looks like he's smiling in that pic so maybe he did smile at Shirley...or gas, whatever, cute none-the-less.
I'm glad that you had a fun trip and I am glad that you are back! Love you!
Hey it was so good to see you the other day at the famous "PF" I live here and I still cant get enough of that place! Anyway you look so good, and I hope you had a great trip! Let me know the next time your down so we can at least do lunch!!
She is definitely like the "Super Nanny". That would be so nice. I teach and I always forget the little tricks I can be using at home with Ella. My favorite (just an idea) is letting them paint with chocolate pudding. So much fun! It is really messy but it's hot outside and the hose works perfect for big messes.
Trent is so cute. I can tell he already has tons of personality! So cute!
I love that family picture. you look so great. The little guy is growing so quick. Glad your having lots of fun and surviving.
That does sound pretty busy. Congrats to Gary and Shirley on the big 50th. I'm learning a bit here and there about kids whenever I'm around the niece and nephew and it's challenging. Having some of our own will certainly be an adventure. Glad you guys are doing so great.
How much do I love the fact you called SUU's campus 'sacred'!? Some people call that school in Happy Valley 'sacred'....I call it scary! J/K!! Go T-Birds!! Love the help from great aunts & family -- where would we be without them?
Hi aunt Jen!
We had such a fun time with you guys! Well, it is true, I get very sad when you leave. Can't wait until your family comes to visit again.
Love,
Jocey
P.S. We got rock band!
Post a Comment