As you know, Wade has been in school for a few weeks now. He, absolutely, loves it (so do I!) His teacher is wonderful and has created a neat system implemented in her classroom called "mile markers."
If the kids are good they get to move their name one mile marker. Every so often, along the path, there is a reward. I didn't know about this program until my friend, Lalani, told me what it was (her son is in Wade's class.) Wade isn't a big talker about what he does in school. Each day, when I ask how his day was, he responds with an, "I don't know." (I can already see how the teenage years are going to go... :).)
Jackson (Lalani's son) is quite the opposite, so he has been telling his mom about the "mile markers" everyday. Apparently, Wade is ahead of the entire class and this past Friday, he got to choose a pencil for his reward! This is the second reward he has gotten, the first was the privilege of painting (when he brought his painting home a week or so ago, I thought everyone got to paint!)
On top of the pencil, he received a "Character Counts" certificate recognizing him for being responsible! We are so excited for Wade! He is pretty pumped up too and we continue to work on his communication skills :)!As I mentioned, we are just loving school! Also, on Friday, was an "Ice Cream Social." All the students and their families met at the school cafeteria to make ice cream sundaes, dance to some music and visit with friends.
My entire family had a great time. Matt had to carry Seth out kicking and screaming because he was having so much fun!
My entire family had a great time. Matt had to carry Seth out kicking and screaming because he was having so much fun!
Speaking of mile markers, my little Trent is 3 MONTHS OLD!!! I CANNOT believe it! Time is flying and this sweet baby is growing too fast. Since there is no well check at 3 months, my guess is that he weighs about 14lbs. He has grown out of all his newborn clothes and is now wearing 6 month stuff :(.He still loves to be held, but is so busy taking in everything around him. He coo's and babbles a lot, sucks on his little hands and drools a lot. He is very easy going and just a joy to have around.
He also has a new trick:


As he lays on his back, he will pick up his legs and drop/swing them to the side so it turns his body the other direction. He also doesn't mind tummy time too much, which is always a relief.Speaking of tummy time, I have been a crazy person about Trent's head. Let me explain. Seth (as most of you know) had to wear a helmet when he was 6 months until 9 months because his head was extremely flat on one side because he favored that side of his head when he was laying down. (This pic is of Seth--I am telling you my boys are TRIPLETS!)
From the day Trent was born, I have been watching him to make sure he wasn't favoring one side of his head over another. Well, he was. I talked to our pediatrician about it and, together, we decided to send Trent to physical therapy. We have been to 2 sessions and I feel a little silly going because his head isn't that flat and deep down I know he doesn't have to go, but...I just wanted to be sure.

12 comments:
Your boys are so cute!
Hi Jen! The boys are so cute! I can't wait until Thanksgiving! Jocey
I think Trent is the cutest baby ever! Whenever I see him in the childcare at the gym he has a big smile for me. What a perfect little guy!
I heard the Yoga class was awesome on Sat. I missed out. I'm going to go this Sat AM for sure...maybe even Friday too.
Way to go Wade!! That is so funny that he doesn't tell you what he does. So the opposite at our house. At some point I have to "pretend" to listen to Lauren's entire day, so I can get other things done.
I really can't believe Trent is already 3 months! I hate how fast they grow. I am sure you are cautious about his head, but he looks great to me. But I always say, better safe than sorry. Don't worry, you are not the only crazy mother, I am right there with you.
Tanner was Just like Wade! He'd just look at me like I was crazy when I'd ask about school. But let me tell you, things changed this year! The boy will come home and talk my ear off until bedtime!! (but it's mostly stories from recess with his friends) Hey-it's better than nothing! So Wade may change as time goes on.
Trent is getting so big so fast! He looks so grown up all of the sudden....such a cutie.
Hi Jen!!! Skids and Chantel were visiting and we hung out last night and they told us you had a blog! I can't believe how fast time flies,look at your cute boys and wow another one, we didn't even know you were pregnant!!! Congratulations he's such a cutie, your family is adorable and hope we can keep in touch, its fun to see what everyone is up to!
Julie and Morgan Smith
I can't believe how big Trent is getting, time really does fly. Wade, Seth, and Trent look so much alike it is crazy. They are so cute.
I'll call you about my reunion soon. It was fun.
Linsey
I'm one of Matt's former mission companions, and I found a link to your blog on the OPM website. It's great to see pictures of your family... your boys are all adorable.
Wade is funny how he won't talk about school especially when he is doing so well!
All of the pics of Treny are soooo cute and he is getting so big so fast! He is such a little angel and we love him so much:)
It was great to run into you this weekend. Jessica's hair looks so cute, I didn't recognize her with short hair.
I love that you have a child who also doesn't tell you what happens during the day. It drives me crazy when Maddison does that. Her classic answer, "I forgot." It is why I need to work in her classroom often so I can see what really goes on, good and bad!
Jen... so nice to be back. I love your post. Wade is just like Gracie, except she makes things up. Trent is such a cutie, I can't believe how big he is. Hope you are doing well. Give me a call when you get a chance
I think Wade and my Niece Layni are almost the exact same age. Did he start K or 1st grade? Glad to hear about all the mile markers.
Post a Comment