Even though we live away from where we grew up and our families (with the exception of Jess and Ben of course), we have still been blessed with lots of visits, which are always a lot of fun! My dad and Paula came into town this past weekend so Matt could do some dental work for Paula (and an unplanned quick fix on my dad.)
In addition to the dental work, we were able to spend lots of time hanging out and visiting. The boys LOVE their Ampa and know they are in for lots of fun when he is around.

We made our traditional trip to "Peter Piper", had some much needed help entertaining during sacremeent meeting and played at home.

We made our traditional trip to "Peter Piper", had some much needed help entertaining during sacremeent meeting and played at home.Jess and I also had the opportunity to go to dinner with my dad and Paula, which was a lot of fun. It is fun and rewarding to see how happy my dad is and I enjoy getting to know Paula better each time we see them. Our little Trent is also particuarlly fond of Paula :)--he loves to be held by her!
Their trip was too fast--they always are! We wished we had more time with them, but are thankful for what we got!We said another sad goodbye, yesterday. Our friends, Scott and Bekah, are off to dental school in Michigan. Although we are REALLY excited and happy for them, it will be weird to have them gone. Matt grew up with Scott and they have lived in AZ for 4 years so they are like family to us.

We will miss you guys and seeing that little, Reagan grow and change! Good luck, you will be great!Finally, the last "goodbye" I said this week was to Seth--just to joy school for 2 hours, 2 times a week though! Some of my friends in the ward, with kids the same age, have gotten together and formed a "joy school."

It is the perfect scenario for Seth's age because he is too young for real preschool, but old enough to need more than playing at home all day with mom. His "class" has 8 little kids and each mom takes a week where we teach them.I did this with Wade and it was so great! I am excited to do it again and thrilled the first week was a success--Seth loves it!
6 comments:
You did SO great yesturday! When you Dad walked in, Brian goes, "Is that Jen's Dad or what?!" He thouht you looked so much like him. Yeah for joy school! I'm actually getting excited for my turn!
Saying bye to family is always hard. You're dad is great!!! What a great idea for Seth's age group!!! I love that!!!
How fun for you guys to have lots of visitors. It is really hard to say good-bye though. Your kids are darling and getting so big.
You have to let me know how joy school goes - I've never been brave enough to try it!! I bet you loved to have your dad come... I've been begging my mom to come! :)
It was a fun weekend with Dad and Paula, but sad to see the Shakespears go. Sethie is such a big boy...going to joy school already:) I'm glad he likes it and I know you like the little break too:)
I heard your on the ball with organizing the preschool...I'm not in the least bit surprised at all!! I expected this from you!:) I also want to say you are one of those mom's that other mom's want their kid to be in your kid's class at school each year because you will make the best room mom(Jen L. is also one of these!!)!!
Post a Comment