Sugar: Wade and Seth playing nicely (and quietly) in the backyard.
Spice: As most moms know: quiet=mischief and in my case they were squirting each other, all of their shoes and the doorway of the kitchen with the hose. (Oh, P.S. It was only 7:30am at this point!)

Sugar: Going to the gym
Spice: Reading a highly anticipated article about one of my dearest friends and upon finishing it thinking it was totally lame (What?! Britney doesn't know me?!) :)Sugar: Finding time to take a shower before taking Wade to school.
Spice: Coming out of the shower only to find that the boys went back into the backyard and were playing with the hose AGAIN!
Sugar: Finally getting a 15,000 mile routine maintenance done on my car (hey, I am only 3,500 miles behind.)
Spice: Finding out an oil change, a couple of filter changes and fluid checks costs $175--ouch!Sugar: Talking to a friend on the phone
Spice: My kids taking FULL advantage of the fact that I was on the phone for longer than 30 seconds (do your kids do that?)
Sugar: It started to rain outside (I love the rain!)
Spice: Wade is TERRIFIED of the rain and wind
Sugar: Going to look at a new car we intended on buying
Spice: Driving all the way to CAMELBACK and 16th STREET (which is FAR for those of you who don't live in Phoenix), in traffic, only to discover it wouldn't fit all 3 car seats (oh, the beauty of having 3 kids ages 4 and under!)
Sugar: Eating dinner at Cafe Rio followed by, my fave, DQ for a delicious frozen treat.
Spice: Wade fed his ice cream to Trent (without me knowing) and Trent threw it all up. Just for the record, I am one of those crazy mom's who doesn't let her kids eat anything sweet until they are a year, so if anyone is counting, Trent still should have had 9 months before this endeavor. (This picture does not do justice to the amount of chocolate that was thrown up on Trent's face)
Sugar: Peace of mind that Trent will not have to wear a helmetSpice: an unexpected $390 bill from the physical therapist (don't they make "crazy, paranoid mom" insurance?)
So, to say in the least, it wasn't the best day. There were a few highlights that didn't have anything hard attached to them though:
*Uninterrupted time with my family as we drove in the car and at dinner
*I got my "hooter hider" in the mail (which is the COOLEST nursing cover--loving it already!)*Wade got another award for showing responsibility in school (way to go!)
*ordered my capes from Erin (go to plumpearapple.com for details)*and best of all, was singing "You Are My Sunshine" to my sweet baby boy as he drifted off into dream land (I am head over heels for this little guy!) and meaning every word :).
9 comments:
TOO funny! I was laughing so hard and can relate to everyone of those things. :)
I need a frozen treat right now, yummy
Linsey
Hi Jen. Trent is getting so big! He's so cute. It seems like a filled up day!
Love, Jocey P.S. We CAN'T wait until you come this weekend!
Sounds like a hard day, but good thing there was enough sugar (including DQ) to balance it out.
I still can't believe that Wade fed Trent icecream...so naughty, but a little funny:)
That was so cute! This morning has already included Tanner peeing on the bed and a couch that's not ours! I thought the day was headed down the toilet, but your post made me laugh. I think we'll get through it :).
I am LOVING that cape site! I am definitely going to be browsing it a little more for my own superheroes! Thanks for that!
Your day sounds like it was crazy. It's a good thing that there are always good things to balance out the bad things.
That was fun to read! Hooter Hider! Ha! Where were those when I was nursing?!
I laughed out loud about Wade feeding Trent. I remember when Gracie feed Parker a Corn Flake and I came in. He had the biggest eyes in the world while he was sucking on the flake. What would we do without them.
I LOVE it!! Talk about finding the joy in life!! My favorite part - "Hooter Hider!"
*Did you say you're in town?! I want to see ya!! :)
Oh my goodness! Could Trent be any cuter?? I love that little guy. I can totally relate to your day. It's good that you are remembering the good along with the challenges. I usually focus on the challenges- I need to do better with that. Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment