My "Manny" (defined as a male nanny) left this morning to blissfully backpack through Europe and join my little sis, Julie (his wife), on her cruise ship adventure. My manny was none other than Uncle John Wright and we already miss him so much.John has been staying with us for the past three weeks and was the GREATEST blessing I could have asked for. He was, seriously, my nanny (for free!) and I could not have paid for a better helper!
Each day began with my knock on John's room to wake him so I could leave Trent (and sometimes Wade, Seth and any friends that were over) with him while I scooted off to the gym and ran a few errands before I had to be home to feed Trent again--how great is that :)!

While at home, I was able to accomplish much more then usual because John was there to help out. He made lunches, played games, watched and sang along with "Playhouse Disney" and did whatever else I asked of him. 
He would also accompany me to my various favorite stores, you know: Target, Costco, etc and entertained the boys so I could get all my shopping done or lift the heavy items (ie: water bottles at Costco--aren't those SOOO heavy?!)Not only was he a huge help, but a lot of fun to hang around with. I feel like I was able to really get to know him better then I have in the past since he and Ju have only been married 3 years and have always lived away in Vegas. My boys miss him too. They keep asking about him and wondering when he will be back.

We wish him well on his adventure and hope he brings Ju home with him. We love them both very much. In the meantime, we are trying to get back to normal and function without our one-of-a-kind "manny" :).
8 comments:
He was the best Manny ever!!! I will miss John as well:( I can't wait until they both come home!
Awe! Jen this was the best post ever!!!!! I'm glad John was such a good Manny for you! Thank you so much for letting him stay there with you. I'm so happy you guys all got to spend such quailty time together... and it makes me sad I missed it :( All of those pics are sooooo cute I love them! But now John gets to come play with me in Europe! yay! I'm soooooo excited!
Love you!
Ju
Oh are you going to miss him! What a fantastic brother in law!
How convienient to have "live-in" help. How do I get myself a Manny?? There aren't very many brother-in-laws that would be so generous. You got lucky!
That's so awesome that he had the baby in the wrap! Where are my manny brother-in-laws? They would never do that...losers. ;)
Ummm....I need a "manny." You are totally lucky and I'm sure you are going to miss him.
BTW...Happy LATE birthday!!! I hope you had a fabulous celebration!
Lucky you. I could sure use nanny or a manny for the summer. Your kiddos are so handsome.
Lucky you! I think that John is awesome, especially wearing the wrap! I'm glad you've had some good help there!
Miss and love you guys!
Mer
Post a Comment