Each year I always say that the end of October begins my "crazy time of year" which continues on and finishes after Christmas. I don't know who I am kidding, it is ALWAYS crazy around here and I am sure Christmas will not be the end of it either (especially with our little princess arriving!)I do have to say, though, that it IS crazy to have 3 IMPORTANT birthdays fall right in a row. Each year I try to think of ways to make each one of my special peeps feel like it is their own day. This year, Jess and I decided to have a family party where we could exchange gifts on the Sunday before the birthdays and then celebrate each one during the week on its own. It worked pretty well.
I made dinner and we had cupcakes and ice cream. Unfortunately, another thing that can happen at the end of October is sickness. Trent, Dane and I were all not feeling too great. Jess was/is also still recovering from her recent tonsillectomy. With all that aside, we still had a good time.
Seth was thrilled with his presents! We gave him a bike, but
his favorite is the "Lightening McQueen" from Jess and her fam. He keeps telling me, "Mom, I just love my blue Lightening so much. I am so happy I got it for my birthday." Jess and Matt liked their presents as well, but nothing trumps a kid on their b-day. Each birthday person got to blow out the candle on their (cup)cake as we sang to them.
his favorite is the "Lightening McQueen" from Jess and her fam. He keeps telling me, "Mom, I just love my blue Lightening so much. I am so happy I got it for my birthday." Jess and Matt liked their presents as well, but nothing trumps a kid on their b-day. Each birthday person got to blow out the candle on their (cup)cake as we sang to them.

No comments:
Post a Comment