Sunday, October 11, 2009

Matt's Marathon

Matt joined the marathon bandwagon and ran his first in St. George last weekend. It is such a crazy time in our lives and he still managed to train and work hard enough to finish and accomplish this life goal!
I have to admit, I was envious of him and wished I could have been out there running by his side :). He did a fantastic job and feels great he was able to do it. He ran with some friends who also did a great job and offered a fantastic support system.

It was a lot of fun to travel to St. George and be in Utah around so many family and friends. Matt had a lot of support and a lot of people proud of him.

We could never have done it without the help from Mer, Gary and Shirley--thanks for watching our kiddos!! Because they watched them, I was able to cheer Matt on at 2 different mile markers during the race which was so wonderful!

After the race and some much needed R&R, we were able to spend a few more days in Cedar. Our kids, Matt and I LOVE visiting Cedar. We always have a great time with Matt's family and REALLY LOVED the COLD weather. Fall in Utah is the best!

4 comments:

Sorensen Family said...

Congrats to Matt! I can't believe how old Seth looks with his haircut, I almost didn't recognize him. You look great too!

Linsey

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

What a great accomplishment! Tell him I think that is freakin' awesome!

And look at your CUTE baby bump. I'm so excited for you. You'll have to tell me how it is with 4. I'm nervous to take the plunge. Sooner or later I'll have to do it! :)

jenichild said...

Way to go Matt! And you look sooo cute Jen. I wish I looked that darling pregnant.

Anonymous said...

Hi aunt Jen!
He did such a good job and the kids were so much fun to play with! We can't wait to see you again!
Love,
Jocelyn