Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fingerpainting

Trent is currently basking in ultimate stinkerness giving the phrase "terrible 2's" a whole new meaning. He makes Seth's "terrible" phase look like the work of an amateur. :) I don't know what it is with my 2 year olds, but they definitely live it up to their fullest potential.

Trent's newest favorite activity is finger painting...with his poop. Yep, I said it, with his poop. Disgusting, I know. When he is in his room, winding down to take a nap, he sometimes poops--normal right? Abnormal: to poop and proceed to reach down the back of your diaper, dig your poop out and smear it on the walls, closet, pillows and--worst thing ever--your head, mouth and face! HORRIFYING!

Since the day Wade was born, I have been changing diapers, sometimes, even, the diapers of 3 different children at the same time. That is over 6 years of wiping poop, but I have to tell ya, wiping poop off a bottom is A TON better than wiping/ scrubbing poop off a wall--YUCK!

The last time he did it, I had no choice but to put him right in the shower. I grabbed the camera and almost took a picture of the poop smeared all over his face and hands, but decided against it. Here is the cute little stinker, proud as can be, taking his shower:




These pics epitomize this little guy's personality. He is a professional torturer. Can you see the evil gleam in his eyes? I say this with all the love of my heart because I truly adore my Trent, but he enjoys teasing and taunting anyone who will take his bait. He lives for "the reaction" of the current person he has decided to torture.

In fact, here are a few examples of his latest daily adventures:

Incident #1: Yesterday, Wade came screaming up the stairs to tell me that, "Trent is flooding the kitchen!" I ran downstairs to find my little boy sitting on the kitchen island with the sink faucet turned over to the top of the counter while the water was running! The entire counter was flooded along with him and everything on it (a laptop!) thankfully nothing was ruined since the water had not been running that long.

Incident #2: As we were running out the door to take Wade to school and go directly to swimming lessons for the others, I quickly went in to the backyard to grab Seth's shoes and Trent followed me out and beelined to the irrigation (which is when they flood my backyard to water the orange trees thus turning my 1/2 acre into a 2-foot-deep lake.) He only got in up to his knees before I grabbed him. Did I mention we were running late? I now had a grassy, muddy, wet little guy to deal with...sigh...

Incident #3: This morning I came downstairs to Trent sitting in a pile of Reese's Peanut Buttercup wrappers. He was stuffing them in his mouth so fast that I am positive he ate some of the foil wrapping. He had gotten into a large glass jar (thankfully it didn't break) and was trying to eat as many as he could before I caught him.

And those are only the big things. My heart beats faster unless he is asleep or strapped into his car seat. With all that being said, another thing all of my "terrible" 2 year olds have been able to do is melt my heart. I love this little guy so much. He gives the best kisses and has the best deep belly laugh a kid could ever have. He is so much fun and I, seriously, could not imagine our family without him.

You would think I would have the whole "mom of a 2 year old" thing down, but they keep getting smarter with each kid. I am learning. So Trent wears a onesie undershirt everyday (despite the 90 degree temp) now so he can no longer get to his "paint", we have child locks on all our doors, all the food is pushed way back on the pantry shelves so he can't reach it, etc, etc. It is all worth it though, I wouldn't change him for the world :).

1 comment:

Cameron and Nonie said...

My best friends son had a nasty habit painting with his poop. They finally had to duct tape him into his diapers and carry around a roll of it and a pair of scissors to get him out. Good luck! It's absolutely amazing how much we love our little boys even in the midst of wanting to beat them. :)