Thursday, May 20, 2010

Trent the [Terrible] Two

My little Trenty is officially 2! I CANNOT believe he is 2. He definitely ACTS 2, though and on the other hand, I can believe it since during his short 2 years of life, I have been through another pregnancy and welcomed another little one. I guess if you think of it that way, he should be AT LEAST 2 :).
Time has flown though and Trent is such a fun little guy to have around. He is a go-with-the-flow kind of guy. He will almost always adapt to any situation and doesn't fuss about things for long. He is the least stubborn of what all my 2 year olds were, which is nice. Although his age brings lots of challenges, I think it also brings the CUTEST words, games and fun. Trent is truly so much fun! His little personality is so great.

My dad loves all of his granCheck Spellingdkids equally, but right now, I would venture to say that he "enjoys" Trent the most of everyone. He calls me and wants to hear all the latest details of Trent's daily adventures and usually spends most of our conversations laughing hysterically.

Trent is NOT a shy kid. He isn't afraid of anyone and he likes to be around people. When my dad takes Trent to the park, he says it is like "Trent is running for a political office." (shaking hands and kissing babies) He goes from person to person "talking" to whomever will listen, mooching whatever delicious treat he sees from unsuspecting nice mom's,chases and pets pedestrian's dogs and, if all else fails, he will find a cousin or brother(or any random kid for that matter) to torture.

Trent already teases. In order to survive in a house with 2 big brothers and 3 boy cousins close to your age, he has chosen his defense and is pretty good at it. He is continually honing and improving his skills daily. I can't even imagine what this kid is going to be like as a teenager :).

Some of his classic teasing tactics are taking whatever toy or current object of affection any of his cousins/brothers/friends is holding and run away with it as fast as he can. While he runs, he throws his head back and lets out a taunting laugh. He runs from Matt and I often while we are at home, church or in the parking lots. He is FAST! It, definitely, takes a minute to catch him because he will always run around things (cars, tables, etc) and changes the direction he is running to throw you off (deviously smart!!) He likes to poke at and tease Rylee too. In this case, he is actually teasing me because as he runs for her bassinet or to her on the floor he laughs and watches me for my reaction. I could go on and on... :)

With all that being said, he is sooooo cute! He loves hugs and kisses. His little voice melts my heart. I just LOVE, LOVE to hear him talk. He has started to say lots of words and learns more everyday. It brings me so much joy.

Trent also has a little sense of humor. He laughs at movies and TV shows when the actors (cartoons) make jokes or do funny things. He loves to make others laugh too. He will try and do things to make me laugh and then laugh himself. He LOVES being the center of attention (especially when he isn't in trouble!) Some other things Trent is loving at 2 are:
mom's home cookin'
lego's
books
bananas
playing outside
Elmo
chocolate
shoes
hats
going to the park
stroller rides
nursery
Curious George
balls
blocks
He just had his well check:
Weight: 27.4lbs (42%)
Height: 33.75in (33%)
Head: 19in (38%)

One other thing of note is that Trent is off of his binky! When he was deep into his "poop-smearing" days he got poop all over his last bink and Matt threw it away. That was that. We should have gotten rid of it months ago (and would have if we'd have known it was going to be that easy.) I'm proud of him being so big :).

For his birthday, we had a family party and it was LOTS and LOTS of fun. Trent loved all his gifts (especially the pink stroller I got him--to Matt's dismay!) and REALLY loved being the center of it all. Happy Birthday Trent, we love you SOOOO much and cannot imagine our family without you.

No comments: