Monday, May 3, 2010

LA Ragnar

Matt and I participated in another Ragnar Relay with 22 of our friends. We had 2 teams of twelve (12 girls, 12 boys) and the venue was Los Angeles. The weather was beautiful, the company was lots of fun and it is A LOT better to run NOT pregnant :).



My legs added up to 22 miles, Matt had 13 miles. My favorite leg was my last because I got to run right down the boardwalk on Huntington Beach--amazing! Matt liked his first run,although it was his hardest.

Aside from the beautiful and scenic California, we got to run through the exciting and fun Calabassas (hello Kardashians!), West Hollywood (you would have never guessed it was 1am by the amount of people on the streets!) and Beverly Hills--awesome! We also got a taste of the not-so-rich California residents when we ran through the rougher areas. During the middle of the night, I had to run through an area that was heavily populated with bums! I ran about six inches past at least 7 sleeping bums. Thank goodness I had Marcae by my side (and the bums seemed much more interested in sleeping than tripping me.)

It was so, so much fun!

2 comments:

Katelyn & Wade said...

Oh man! How cool would it have been to run into you on the road! I was one leg behind you, runner 7. Although we ran in a lot of similar areas. You had that narly 10 miler! Good job! So fun!

PS-Rylee just keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Anonymous said...

WHAT the H? I wish I would have known you guys were there....I did it as well, Runner 9....were you guys team Jaydie 1,2.....Mike Skids